style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm in higher end of 30's and recently noticed that I'm sweating more then I used to. Especially underarm:mad2: which leaves wet patches on my shirt and red blushes on my face. Anybody with similar experience and solutions? Deodorant usually do not work for me and if very strong tend irritate my pits. Also, I'm paranoid about aluminium and other harmful chemical in them.

Nothing has changed dramatically, didn't put much weight, don't drink more ( and certainly not less) but probably comes with age, body is changing and hormones are playing. And those mild deodorant they are only mild and useless in respect of stopping the sweat, but ok, they do cover up the smell. Most of my shirts are stained in that underarm area. I heard that you should soak them in vinegar before washing but can't be bothered.

Try using vinegar in your washing machine in place of fabric conditioner. No bother and cheaper. Also helps keep towels more absorbent.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

There is a surgical procedure for stopping hugely excessive perspiration, but you'd have to see your doc about that. In fact, why not see your doc anyway? If something has changed in the way your body's reacting, maybe a check-up woud be a good idea. Otherwise it might be a case of biting the bullet and using an anti-perspirant rather than a simple deodorant.

Hope you get it sorted.

Ok - I can offer three options here, but you need to get checked out at the GP.

1. Are you a female? Could you possibly be in peri-menopause? (That is the time before it all stops and you truly enter menopause). Or could you be starting the real thing albeit early? I went through the menopause at 40 and its just relenting now at 50! Sweats? Cor, the buggers! Hot sweats are evil and if you are able to, get that HRT down your neck - you do not have to put up with this.

2. A condition called hyperhydrosis - excessive sweating. I suffered this from 13 - 19 - it ruined me schooldays, trying to hide my armpits! Anyway I went to the GP and insisted on having the nerves in my armpits cut. Good god he said, thats a bit drastic - try this first and he sent me to the chemist to buy a product called "Anhydrol Forte". You dabbed it on like deodorant under the arms at night, and could also apply it to hands and feet. Wash off in the morning. Within three days, the sweating had stopped and it never came back. Gp advised that if you have these nerves cut, a side effect can be profuse sweating from other areas.

3. Have you suffered a shock or trauma in the last few months? Sometimes we think we are ok but our body and brain know otherwise. Excessive sweating can be a sign of the body/brain making you act in a fight or flight mode - or just preparing you for it. Usually goes hand in hand with a feeling of unease, fear (collywobbles right in the belly).

Hope you get it sorted. I hated this at school and college. I mean, dancing just for an example - well when i was at school/college it was all "Sat Night Fever" and "Grease" - how can you stand there waving you arms about with girt sweat rings all over your best silky blouse?! You can cover up with woollies in the winter, but every summer was a nightmare. My old gran used to sew thick cotton pads into the armpits of my school blouses, it helped somewhat but most uncomfortable.

There is a surgical procedure for stopping hugely excessive perspiration, but you'd have to see your doc about that. In fact, why not see your doc anyway? If something has changed in the way your body's reacting, maybe a check-up woud be a good idea. Otherwise it might be a case of biting the bullet and using an anti-perspirant rather than a simple deodorant.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks Janie

Antiprespirants are evil and hurt like hell. My gp recommended me andhrydol forte. I suppose they are good if you don't have sensitive arms but it's just not worth it. I read the link you've sent and it looks that people who have this problem had it for a long time so I wouldn't put my self as a proper sufferer and like to think it's just temporarily inconvenience that will sort itself out sooner rather then latter.:-)

Hi Jackieandwayne

I'm male. Is there any male menopause . I mean coming close to 40 I can feel changes in my body and the sweating is one of those changes. I didn't see your post as we were probably writing in the same time, but I've explained my discomfort with andryhol forte even if many people swear by it. I always noticed people with sweat patches on their shirt but never thought anything of it. Now when it happens to me, all I can do is try not to move my arm around ( or at least carefully so nobody can see it ) I still don't think it's major problem but it can be embarrassing.

oh well then, not the menopause for you ! They do say, don't they that there IS a male menopause, but I suspect that;s tongue in cheek. That said though, you guys have bodies as well, and they too are subject to changes. I'd still pop along tothe GP to get checked out. The things I've had experience of with this are all simple but unpleasant, so it could well be something else simple, but needs checking out anyway.

I believe you can buy underarm protectors now to go in your clothes, much more subtle than gran's cotton pads!

Now you say it, I do recall the Anhydrol stinging, and leaving a red sore area under both arms, but since after three days I realised the problem had corrected itself, I left off the stuff and never used it again. I'd have hoped things had im[proved since then it was 31 years ago when if you got shampoo in your eye it bloody well hurt, soap powder could cause a rash, and anything like orange squash or tomato soup could send a kid loopy in ten minutes! When sherbert pips caused foaming at the mouth, when sweets were real sweets!

When I read that site Janie sent us too, I felt so sorry for those people suffering. Apart from being embarrasing and making you not want to go out, excess sweating of course causes very sore areas on the skin. All things I had to deal with at the onset of the menopause and the flushes. I know there will always be controversy about HRT, but good heavens, I couldn't put up with that and was then, and still am today, prepared to take the risk, rather than suffer that misery for the next 10 years. The poor ladies on there who suffer with them excessively and who can't take HRT - well, I really feel for them. For me, none of the suggested herbs/natural preparations worked, I took HRT and in three days - bang, flushes gone, just like that! My HRT was discontinued recently, and it all came back until a suitable replacement could be found. This just reinforced my opinion that I am not putting up with this!

I really hope you get it sorted, its 'orrible.

I think it has as much to do with the weather as anything... the high humidity gives the same effect as being in a sauna (which is designed to make you sweat more)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I think underarm protectors that jackie calls them are fantastic but I'm not sure if they helps if you are sweating too much. They are more for the moderate sweating. I have been using underarm pads for the last year or so and they help most of the time but if I sweat too much then it goes over edges and becomes visible. It still helps though. However, since I've been using them my shirts don't get those yelowish stains any more that was immposible to get rid of.

Didn;t know they existed. Where do you get them from. Are they available in shops? It doesn't sound comfortable. ( idea of it )

I don't think they are available in shops, online only. I'm using underarm pads and find them, most of the time, very comfortable. I've figured that all depends on clothes you wear. If my shirt is solid, proper cotton, they do their job and you don't notice them. If I wear some light shirt, sometimes you can hear them, so in that respect you can call it uncomfortable. As I've been using them for a long time now I can say straight away if they gonna preform well.

Edited by visacard

Why are you having a discussion with yourself ?

More sensible answers.:lol::lol:

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.