style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning guys... I have set up a repayment plan with Equita to pay off an old council tax debt. I missed one repayment but brought the repayment up to date and now owe £385.00 I pay £95.00 a month. To cut a long story short i received a letter yesterday saying take formal warning we have bailiff officers in my area whom are coming to remove your goods.....

Now do i ignore the formal warning and continue my repayments or call/email Equita...

Thanks in advance.

why are you paying bailiffs all those charges they charging

has the bailiffs got a levy on anything?

they will not be coming to remove your goods prevent a levy move car away anything of value out of the garden and keep them out of your house

do not sigh anything do not believe there dribble they will talk

pay council direct online or automated telephone service

£95 a month seems rather excessive for a non priority debt!

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Daisy,

Could you confirm how much the total CT debt was and for how many months you have been paying £95.00 a month to Equita. As I Hate Bailiffs has said, unless Equita have levied on anything, they are talking out of a bodily orifice at the lowermost point of their alimentary canals as regards seizing anything. Certainly move your car well away from your home, keep anything of value out of the garden (if you have one) and under no circumstances let them into your home. They have no right of entry, other than by peaceable means, i.e. the debtor allowing them entry, walking in through an open door or climbing in through an open window. They are NOT permitted to force their way in, i.e. assault or push past someone, force a door or closed window, smash a window or ask a locksmith to break any locks. [Note: No reputable locksmith, especially, those who are members of the Master Locksmiths Association, will break locks without first seeing a court order or some other lawful authority.]

Also, which local authority is involved, please?

thanks for the replies guys .

The local authority is islington.

The orginal debt was for £680.00 was over (£1,500) paid alot off before posting on this site and getting advise. My flat is shared so they would have to buzz to gain entry. No goods have been levied against the account as I mentioned before had repaid and set in instalements. My council refused to take repayments saying I had to deal with baliff company I did make a complait about this but nothing really got resolved. hence I am now repaying equita as well as this years council tax bill £95.00 is alot but i wanted the debt repaid as soon as possiable but i did not have the funds to repay the whole amount remaining.

sorry have been repaying equita since march of this year. they told me it should of been feb but i faxed a copy of the letter from my council detailing that the repayments were to start from march i repaid two instalments of £95.00 (190.0) in march and have been repaying ever since..but still recieve these informal removal letters.

you can pay the council direct they cannot refuse payments if they do take there name and put it in a formal complaint as bailiffs will be fleecing you!!!

pay council either online or automated telephone service you DO NOT have to deal with the bailiffs same old bull **** from the council,using the correct reference number

TBH i hate baliffs i think ive already been had by the baliffs as my council tax letter shows that i owe £239.00 but baliff debt £395.00 I'm just afraid that if i dont repay the baliff arrangement they'll come to my property and make my life a misery..seems easier to just repay what i have set up or am i being naieve

i think if they come to your property you can make THEIR life a misery

if they have no levy and don't get one there will be nothing they can do apart from try to talk you to death

have you a record of all payments? you need to get correct figure from council and find out what has been paid off the debt to the council

you will have that cleared in 3 months if you do it direct to the council:-)

up to you how you pay but i don't like feeding the bottom feeders :evil:

if a bailiff is not able to collect council tax debt either by removal of goods or collecting money they will hand it back to the council so there is very little to worry about with council tax bailiffs

they have no right of entry no special powers apart from..........................they can talk sh$$ and keep a clean shirt :razz:

Hi there,

I had this problem two weeks ago. I was afraid Newlyn would come if I didn't pay but thanks to the advice of one of this forum members I called the council, paid the 100 remaining and emailed the bailiffs to ask them break down their fees. they were asking £250. they ignored my email sending another letter asking for the same amount, then I emailed again to notify them that they couldn't ignore my emails, plus attached a pdf of the bailiff fees I found on my council website to show them that I only owed them £24. They didn't get back to me yet. But I don't trust these people. They lie, they steel your money and they don't respect the law. I am ready though. I have had a great support from one of you here but don't know the user name as contacted via another social network. xx