Waiting for DWP after sending ESA appeal papers; no money!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had my WRAG ESA stopped after an ATOS 'medical'. I sent the appeal paperwork on 29 June. Received letter acknowledging receipt dated 2 July. Whilst I'm waiting for DWP to decide if they will forward papers to Tribunal Service, I am not on any ESA. Is this normal? What sort of delay is usual? Are DWP required to sort this out within any specified period?

I'm up to date with MED 3s. On the GL24, there's no place to request they pay me ESA. There's a box where you indicate what the appeal is in relation to; I put 'Employment Support Allowance' in there. Do I need to write to DWP, requesting ESA?

Have you called them and asked?

Phone make polite inquiries about how you thought that you would have received a payment by now after receiving the appeal acknowledgement.

They'll either tell you when it's happening or put you down for a call back from the processing team.

I've looked on SSN and Babe Station for you and they either don't know or aren't saying so....

Having sent in your GL24 within the time limit then payments should have continued / resumed.

The only possibility is your (un)fit note. You say you're covered, but did you send in a new one regardless? When your file is closed the DWP can be quick off the mark to archive it. Often before a GL24 is received. This includes archiving your (un)fit note so it is quite possible that the system doesn't recognise the note you think still covers you. They can get the note back out again but this process can take several weeks. It's easier just to submit a new one at the time of appealing or asap ...

I've looked on SSN and Babe Station for you and they either don't know or aren't saying so....
Made me smile! :-D

I phoned yesterday. It was explained to me that my appeal needed to be validated and that until this is done, my claim is dormant.

Validation normally takes about 2 days.

I accepted the offer of a call-back, to give an estimate of when the appeal would be validated. Call-back received today, with the statement that the appeal has been validated and that all due payments will be made by 5PM.:-)

Thanks again for your help.

I was pleasantly surprised by the call cost to 0845 608 8648. I'm on mobile PAYG, at 35p/min. Call time was 12mins 25s; cost £1.49, so only 12p/min.!

Alls well that ends well :-)

When you send in med certs or anything always mark on them ESA (if it goes missing they can easily tell where it needs to go then) and ensure that you national insurance numbers on there.

If you can go to the post office and ask them for a free proof off posting certificate. Then leave it 10 days and give the normal ESA line call to check receipt.

Better to have piece of mind then to worry about it.

If you can avoid it do not send Fit notes in the post - phone up the enquiry line and request for an ajax appointment in your local job centre as post can take up to 5 working days to be processed and appear on your claim then a further 3 days if you are waiting for payment as most benefit centres will not issue same day payments for late med certs even if you think you posted it on time

I have been told that Jobcentres are no longer allowed to accept med certs and send via the internal post! I used to do what you suggested for the very reasons you stated, and the fact that I no longer trust the mail to deliver at all!

I have been told that Jobcentres are no longer allowed to accept med certs and send via the internal post! I used to do what you suggested for the very reasons you stated, and the fact that I no longer trust the mail to deliver at all!

Think Flumps said that they should accept duplicates (i.e. where the 1st is lost for some reason) but only by prior appointment.