Please help I'm in serious trouble

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are on benefits theres no need for long letters. get your jsa advisor to write a short letter confirming your benefits. Innclude it in a letter to the creditor that states you are on benefits and they are only getting £1 a month for the forseeable future. They wont like it but theres absolutely nothing at all they can do about it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are on benefits theres no need for long letters. get your jsa advisor to write a short letter confirming your benefits. Innclude it in a letter to the creditor that states you are on benefits and they are only getting £1 a month for the forseeable future. They wont like it but theres absolutely nothing at all they can do about it.

Thanks. Doesn't stop the calls though.Hope maybe it will some time soon!

Send the harrassment letter. If they dont comply, contact your phone provider, oft and make sure you complain to ofcom.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If they dont, then follow through with the formal complaints.

Well the only one that replied were qq and it doesn't,t really help, and I,m not sure how to pay he £5

Seems like they are notvaccepting to me

*Thank you for contacting Quick Quid. We will gladly accept any payments that will be made to your account; however, collection procedures will continue if acceptable payment arrangements are not made. If payment arrangements are not made, your account could become subject to third-party activity in the future.

Could, would, might. They cant legally do anything to collect debt in this country as they dont have an office here. The most they can do is sell the debt to a DCA, which is pretty much what they do to bad debts.

They have seriously calmed down on the phone calls, although today quick quicd did send a letter through the box and in the window so it was highly visible wrote "1st notice, open immediately, do not ignore". Not very nice as I don't live alone and don't want others knowing about it particularly. Anything I can do about this or is this legit?

Breach of oft guidance and possible data protection act.

Update.

Need to know if the information they have sent me is in accordance with the cca.

They wrote to me under section 86e if cca that I have to pay them £15 default fee. They go on to write that this is the cost of the letter.

They go on to write that under the act they cannot charge interest on the fee for one month but thereafter 25% .

Is this true or misrepresentation?

They still ignore my payment proposals.

And now they are writing under this act I think in a misrepresentative manner. I feel like cca ing them myself.

Its false.

Dont worry about it. They cant do anything and its a very simple debt to defend in court. if they start offering discounts then you know for sure the debt is bad.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot has happened the past two weeks. Still being pestered incessantly by these guys, one took money from an account which I did not authorise, they still keep advertising the debt.adding charges

On the up side I have started. New job. It is only a four month contract but if I live frugally for those four months I could pay back the original debt amounts or nearly.

Can you advise on a letter that basically says that I am willing to pay back these debts over a four month period but only for the original amounts, for them to stop taking money out of my account during this period and to set up payments via a method that doesn,t mean I have to give them my new bank details?

Also, is it worth me complaining about their behaviour to the oft, or should I just think I should just pay them back and be done with them?

Did you file a full complaint, get a chargeback from your bank and issue a complaint to the OFT and possibly trading standards? As for paying them back, never try to reduce your essential outgoings to pay off debts. Once they see you are starting to pay big amounts, theyll try and go after more.

Im not at home right now ( working away via a VPN), can you report the amounts you owe, the amounts they claim you owe and the creditors for the debts? I have a few letters on this laptop that i can post depending on the issues.

Did you file a full complaint, get a chargeback from your bank and issue a complaint to the OFT and possibly trading standards? As for paying them back, never try to reduce your essential outgoings to pay off debts. Once they see you are starting to pay big amounts, theyll try and go after more.

Hi, I did not submit a complaint as I didn't have all the phone records, but I still may register one in any case.The bank were useless. Basically I knew £100 was going in there, so I phoned them up and said to them can you stop all reoccuring paymets please. They said explicitly that ther weren't any. the money went in at 12pm, at 1pm payday uk took the whole amount. I phoned up the bank first thing and said what was going on there wasn't any reoccuring payments you said. And they replied, from that person's screen it didn't ;look like there were any. but from her view she said that they have been trying to take payments every hour for the past couple of months. Said I could try and get the money back but it wouldn't be worth the bother. as they wouldn't refund it as I owe them the money. I said that's not correct, but she wasn't having it.

Im not at home right now ( working away via a VPN), can you report the amounts you owe, the amounts they claim you owe and the creditors for the debts? I have a few letters on this laptop that i can post depending on the issues.

I wil look at this tonight and do the calculations. I want an agreement that concretely states that I am willing to pay back all monies owed but not with any excessive charges or interest being applied which they have done. And pay it in a fashion that doesn't involve my bank, and for them to stop trying to take money from me. even though I have switched banks , as my primary bank, I would still like this to stop. And all the letters and calls.

You MUST put any cancellation's in writing to a bank, take 2 copies, and get them both signed, stamped and dated by the bank manager there. This is the only way to guarantee a fast resolution. If you havent, then you could be forced to take the bank to the OFT/FOS/FSA and even court.

Sorry for the delay, it's quite difficult to get exact numbers of what the pdl claim I now owe. These are the details I have.

Quick quid total original agreement Inc interest £1350 total they are asking for £1374

Paydayexpress original amount owed in total £790 amount asking for now, not known

Payday uk total original owed £645 total they are asking for now £709.5

Monies taken from account.

Pay day uk £92.78

Pde £15

Now I,m working I don't mind these amounts going towards the totals owed.

As previously stated I now need a letter to formalise a repayment plan until such time my finances change, I want to make clear that I will only pay th original amount owed less monies already taken, and I will not give them my new bank details and I wish them to stop adding charges and interest and stop trying to take money from me.

I have worked out how much I can pay them and it is qq£200/ month and £100 each for the others. However my work contract is only guaranteed fir 4 months although it is likely to be extended, hence why I want to include these arrangements to be set in stone unless my circumstances change.

Can anybody help construct. Letter with he appropriate legal terms etc included please?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

See if one of those letters suits you. Remember, you can always edit them.

Payday Express won't agree straight away so i would make a formal complaint to [email protected] once they start playing up. Just tell them you're paying back what you can afford each month, owing nothing more than original loan and interest, or they can go get stuffed!

I recommend using [email protected] for better results with them. Currently in the process of agreeing to settle my debt with them. Only paying back 50% of what i originally owed.