[B][/B]Unknown Defaults logged on Credit Report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been looking through my credit report recently and have noticed four defaults registered on there. Two of these from Lowell Portfolio, a third from 123 Debt Solutions and a fourth from 1st Credit Ltd.

I have never received any written notification of these defaults and want to know what routes I need to take to dispute the defaults as I am paying back the debts on a monthly basis.

Any helpful advice will be gratefully appreciates as always.

Think you will find that as the DCA are now the owner of the debts, they have merely changed the name on the default notice. The date of the default will still be the same.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

I see what you are saying but the credit report indicates that the dafault notice was issued after they had taken over the accounts. But I never received a copy of the notice. Just need to know if this is enforceable I have room for complaint?

The default date should be reflective of the date the accounts actually defaulted, you are likely to be able to complain about the dates being incorrect. That in itself may not affect the enforceability of the credit agreements.

That is the point I am trying to get across. The accounts were taken over by the DCA, a payment plan was put in place but they still added a default notice even though payments were being made. I am not querying the enforceability of the agreements, I agree that I owe the money but not to have defaulted. Does that make sense?

I never received a default notice from the creditor, which is why there is this confusion. What I need to know is, can a default by registered on my credit report without receiving the original default notice?

YES. You did not stick to the payment terms of your original agreement. The default is a record of how you handled your account. Ergo you are in default. The fact that you subsequently arranged lower payments is not relevant. If you are trying to find out if you can get them removed from your credit file, it is hard enough to do this with everything in your favour. Sorry.