couldn't pay Jacobs [2X CTAX] because of natwest crash - now got added fees!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all ,

have been paying jacobs baillifs £20 month for old council tax and use there automated payment line ,

it was due on the 20th of june and tried paying on 18th but as natwest were having problems i couldnt pay it .

tried again several days later and again on the monday but no luck .

forgot all about it until later that week and payment was successful .

Now this morning i have had a letter from jacobs saying that as i havent kept to the arrangement

i now have 4 days to pay in full otherwise a bailliff will come to my property and more fees will be added ,

i have only £173 on one and £701 on the other so really dont want more fees ,

is there anything i can do as i did try to make payment .

if you can pay

why are you not using your internet banking to the COUNCIL direct?

never ever pay a bailiff!!

all they do is add fees willy nilly and take them and you know nowt about them.

but as for your issue

i think natwest should be contacted as per all the publicity.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi all ,

have been paying jacobs baillifs £20 month for old council tax and use there automated payment line ,

it was due on the 20th of june and tried paying on 18th but as natwest were having problems i couldnt pay it .

tried again several days later and again on the monday but no luck .

forgot all about it until later that week and payment was successful .

Now this morning i have had a letter from jacobs saying that as i havent kept to the arrangement

i now have 4 days to pay in full otherwise a bailliff will come to my property and more fees will be added ,

i have only £173 on one and £701 on the other so really dont want more fees ,

is there anything i can do as i did try to make payment .

Tell them you were caught up in Nat West debacle, by email followed up by snail mail in writing, and suggest they send an invoice for their fees to Nat Wast, as they were the guilty party. and mention you will be going to the press with this issue.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

thank you both for such speedy replies :).

DX i wasnt sure i could pay council direct but has definately giving me something to think about as bailliff fees have taken up a good portion of the amount im paying .

And brassnecked i will send email as wasnt confident in phoning them so shall point out that it was natwests blunder etc and see what happens .

should i get onto natwest also ?

How long have you been paying them? Do you know how much you have paid so far? Has a Bailiff ever gained access to your home or made a levy on any goods? have they ever told you how much in fees they have charged?

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thank you both for such speedy replies :). DX i wasnt sure i could pay council direct but has definately giving me something to think about as bailliff fees have taken up a good portion of the amount im paying .And brassnecked i will send email as wasnt confident in phoning them so shall point out that it was natwests blunder etc and see what happens .should i get onto natwest also ?

Paul Lewis, on BBC Breakfast, advised sending breakdown of any expenses incurred by banking debacle to your branch. They are obligated to return your account to its former position prior to debacle. Any additional costs, penalties, interest, travel expenses related to sorting out probs should be refunded and compensation for missing out on "special occasions" such as pre-arranged weddings, celebrations, holidays, etc.

If you don't ask, you won't get.

Good Luck!

Impecunious! :-)

You really MUST contact the council as it is THEIR responsibility to ensure that they advise THEIR AGENTS that they must not penalise debtors who are victims of the Nat West Bank fiasco.

Agree with tomtubby, but I would email Jacobs to get the usual pay up threatOgrams, than use it as a ground for a |Formal Complaint to the council, to get them to take the debt back as you cannot trust their agent, Jacobs, for which the council are wholly vicariously liable, both jointly and severally, and as a matter of urgency follow ploddertoms advice to request the council send that information

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!