Lowell unable to get a copy of CCA for old Barclays Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

A few months a go I received a letter from Lowell regarding an old Barclays Loan which I defaulted on in 2006 and paid for a few years

before having severe financial hardship and was unable to pay.

They sold the debt on to a dca and I sent a CCA request which they could not resolve.

That was a few years ago.

Then a few months ago I received a new letter from lowell asking for payment.

Again I sent the initial cca request and followed up with the 2nd letter.

They have now come back to me and said that after liasing with Barclays Bank an effort to obtain the document

they have been advised that they are no longer available due to the length of time sinse the account was opened.

They say they are untertaking an investigation into the account which will remain on hold until an outcome is reached and during this time I will not receive any further correspondence.

my question is what does this mean.

Last time I requested a CCA the DCA just responded saying that the document could not be found and the debt had been passed back to Barclays.

Why this time have they placed it on hold?

Or will they just pass back in a few months?

What do you think will be there next move?

I'm pretty certain that no CCA will ever be found..will they take action without one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Mark

• 1 month later...

H all

Since my query is almost identical I thought I'd continue the same thread.

I have requested a CCA from Lowell regarding a Barclaycard account (which they have bought) and they have not been able to provide it. They have told me that the account is now on hold.

However, the default is still listed with the credit agencies as unsatisfied and I am very keen to have this removed. I work ini the financial sector and at some point references will be sought. Is there anything I can do to get this removed?

Many thanks.

Edited by Osiris01
typo

Not very hard really. Give them some time to come back with the CCA if they are able to. If not ( say in 28 days), then DEMAND that they remove all reference to the debt from your Credit file.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

really?

i would like to know how to with this too

I still have defaults on from failed CCA.. how do i do this then renegade? (not wanting to hi-jack - still relevant for original poster)

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

I would dispute it with the CRA, add a notice of correction and get the investigations started with the DCA. If they dont have the paperwork to prove the debt, or enforce it, then they shouldnt be adding defaults to a credit file. Otherwise, every single creditor could destroy peoples credit files without any evidence.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Many thanks the replies.

Can anyone give me guidance on the wording for the notice of correction? Also, does anyone have a template for the letter requesting that, since the DCA cannot produce the CCA, they remove all reference to the debt from the credit ref agencies?

Thanks again.

You should dispute the accuracy with the CRA to investigate with the party who placed it.

my NOC says

ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA. Experian put a ref on the searches to link with the NOC

sorry to post again... but you can put a NOC regarding the missing electoral details too like

I, MR OSIRIS01, WOULD LIKE TO EXPLAIN WHY I AM NOT REGISTERED ON THE ELECTORAL ROLL AT MY CURRENT ADDRESS. THIS IS BECAUSE MY DETAILS WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THE REGISTER UNTIL OCTOBER. I AM WILLING TO PROVIDE PROOF OF MY RESIDENCY AT THIS ADDRESS SHOULD IT BE REQUIRED. I WOULD LIKE ANY LENDER TO TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN MAKING A DECISION ON MY CREDIT WORTHINESS.