Birmingham Midshires ERC ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done..Thanks for the PM. Are you going to ask for the interest?..Mine is a few years old so will ask for that as well. This is great news for the ERC club..

Uk...

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so pleased for you! Gives me the strength to put my claim on for Monday!

Sam

I'm a Foolish person

IGroup ERC £1928.64 Ist letter sent 12/9

LBA sent 26/9

Moneyclaim input 13/10

Claim acknowledged 6/11

Received fob off letter 11/11

AQs sent back, IGroup request multitrack and hearing

Fabulous news!

Was this your claim for the switching fee in addition to the ERC?

You and your partial payments you're becoming famous for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So pleased for you

Zoot

Zoot

I'm not planning on making this a habit!!!!!! ;)

The switching fee was actually confirmed in writing as an ERC,so I went for the jugular and it paid off!!After the CITI smash and grab raid,this was just the boost I needed-but of course CITI haven't heard the last of that one......made some useful finds today regarding that little travesty!!

'nuff said!

catflap-things are afoot with citi.Let's hope this gets sorted PROPERLY this time-then we can put their messing about to bed once and for all.....

the Northern are making a rope for their own necks.I've been in touch with another claimant,and I think(in fact I know) they are discriminating against me in the way they have handled this from day 1......

I'm glad to see the back of them!!

Hi all, this information is great,,,,i have had to pay out two lots of large erc in the last four years which have left me futher in debt that i would like to be....i am going to dig my paperwork out...if i cant find any information can i apply to the mortgage company to provide me with it?

GMAC - ERC

1st letter sent 19/10/06

Just a quick post to retain the link.

Cheers

MF5

PS Great thread well done LTWFB and ZOOT

Halifax Bank plc £1573 settled 19/6/ 06 :D

Abbey National PLC

Settled in full £1,754 15/9/06 :grin:

Halifax Credit Card £441.63 settled in full 27/10/06 :-)

Mortgage Express ERP

Pre letter 10/7/06

LBA 27/7/06

MCOL issued 6/9/06

Court Date Feb 06

Lost in court costs awarded £7,500PAYPAL [email protected]

Hi guys,

Just reading through this link as a matter of interest as I'm ready for fill out my moneyclaim against Preferred. And LOW AND BEHOLD - the statement I was looking for was kindly produced by Zootscoot.

Excellent stuff!!

Barclays Bank

13/9/06 - ACCEPTED HALF ON BOTH A/Cs

HSBC

21/10/06 - SETTLED IN FULL

Preferred Mortgages

11/8/06 - prelim let sent - redemption fee

12/07 - case dropped

Halifax B/S

2/07 settled in full

Halifax visa card

MCOL due

Citicards & Hillesden

2/07 Data Protection Act & CCA let sent

3/07 Prelim let sent

4/07 LBA sent

Barclaycard

04/07 offer received for 1/3 - refused

Argos Card services

Half offered - refused

PPI Claims:

8/12 MBNA Loan settled in full

7/12 Barclayloan settled in full

9/12 Liverpool Victoria settled in full

7/12 Barclaycard claim rejected

Liked The Bit About Mortgage Companies Not Mentioning Early Redemption Penalty.

Dug Out Redemption Statement For My Abbey Mortgage. We Got Charged A 270 Day "penalty" For Redeeming Early. Lol

Fantastic. Cannot Wait To Get My Teeth Really Stuck In With My Mcol. Adding On Interest Brings Our Total To Close On £15000.

Juli99

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a claim V Bank of Ireland dating back to a mortgage redemption in 1996.Hertford court have written to me to say that they are going to strike out the claim on their own initiative due to it being statute barred.I have already sent in my AQ stating the reason ZOOT used to explain this,but this has had no effect.

Can anyone help me please?If this is not stopped,it could well have implications for a lot of ERC claimants....

I have had to start a new thread specifically for this,as I have had no response on my BoI thread.

Does anyone know how to prevent this strike out from happening?

Zoot

it is in Hertford Court,so it does come under English law...

this is what I posted on the original thread-

I have just received a letter from Hertford court which says that the court will strike out my ERC claim on its own initiative due to it being statute bound ie from 1996.

I need to write to them immediately to avoid this.

I need a good legal argument to prevent this

thanks zoot

That doesn't stop it being statute barred you have to argue Sec 32.1.b (concealment) or Sec 32.1.c (mistake).

For concealment it has to be deliberate concealment which is going to be hard to prove i would suggest.

You made a mistake is obviously easier to prove

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

LTFW

A thought occured i am working on sec 32 for my bank charges claim which may not relate to your situation, I you want to see where im going it may give you ideas if thats useful to you?

Drop me a pm if you want to.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi LTWFB, the BOI solicitor in my case has suggested that they are going to try & get my claim struck out on this basis aswell. I've returned my AQ, but what's your latest position, especially given Zoot's latest advice about dropping ERC claims ? Just wondered if we are in a similar position ?

M-Stanley, Marbles , Barclaycard,Cap 1, NW CC's x 3, NWest, MBNA , HSBC CC ALL WON

Outstanding

Halifax initial 11/10 acknowledged 19/10 LBA 25/10

LTSB initial 12/10 LBA 26/10

Barclays initial 3/10,response 9/10 LBA 17/10,MCOL 1/11, defence &AQ 10/12

Bof Ireland mort' S.A.R 16/10, initial 23/11, LBA 7/12,MCOL 23/12

NatWest home loans S.A.R sent 23/10,Initial 16/12, LBA 6/1

NatWest business a/c initial 9/11, LBA 25/11, MCOL 9/12, AQ 20/1,cheque recieved 17/2 but had to send it back !!

HSBC c/a AQ returned 17/2

HSBC bus' a/c MCOL 17/2

• 5 months later...

Okey dokey

stonewalled, major help needed. We sent the SAR to Halifax,but our mortgage was originally with Birmingham midshires, who halifax bought out. We enclosed a postal order for the £10 fee, they wrote back saying "please find enclosed prints of all the transctions on your account for the last six years As we have not dealt with this as a formal I am returning your cheque for £10.00. The information is provided in the same format as it is held on our systems, as it is not retained on our records in statement format. If you wish to have copies of your mortgage statements these can be obtained rfom out Mortgage Contact Centre and sr esubject to a chagre of £20.00 per document uo to a maximum of £60.00." Huh!!! They go ton to say I have the right to "subject access" under the DPA1998. They then tell me that there is a £10 charge and the Act allows 40 days for them to deal with my request!!!

Now do they think I'm a bit thick or what!!!!! Well, actually they may have a point, cos on the statements it say " assess fee" and I don't know what they are :o anyone?