Holiday Group Booking dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter is booked to go on holiday with a group of friends but unfortunately due to medical reasons my daughter is not able to travel

i contacted the travel agent to ask how she stood to claim a refund and was told that my daughter would be able to reclaim 50% of her outlay but the other members of the group (9) would be liable to pay an addittional £52.50 each due to under occupancy, group discounts etc

My daughter has explained her situation to the other members of the party and offered to simply not turn up at the airport in return for them all paying her a £25.00 each (this will save them from paying the £52.50 mentioned above) my daughter received a text from the friend who is in charge of the booking last friday confirming that the other members would pay the £25.00 each to my daughter and she would drop the money off on monday 18th June 2012, unfortunately despite several texts by my daughter to the money has still not been paid to my daughter.

we are now in a situation where in a few days time the refund from the travel agent would be reduced to 30%

i have been told that i need to visit the travel agent and ask them to make a note of my daughters request to cancel on the booking and they must then contact the lead person to confirm

Anyone know what to do in this situation??

Well first and foremost one would assume she has travel insurance procured as well as booking the holiday? If so then she needs to submit a claim based on the medical evidence as to why she is unable and has been advised as such not to travel.

If not, my second thought would be to try and find a alternative friend? the cost of the lead passenger changing the name will be negligible for all considering the payment they would have to pay for the under occupancy.

If the holiday has already been booked is there a need to put a time limit on them having to get the money to you by the 18th? You haven't said if the friends have responded to her texts or not, just that the money has not been forthcoming.

It might be a case that the friend s feel well it is not their issue that she is unable to go and on her head be it and maybe that is why they are not stumping up the extra money, if that is the case then it should be taken as a lesson learnt. For the sake of approx £7-15 in insurance she would have been covered in this instance more than likely. Insurance is not just for when you have set foot in a country abroad, it is from the moment you take it out in relation to a holiday until you return. I do not think you have any recourse here against the friends unless you have a agreement in writing by all 9 consenting to pay the amount