TPS Parking Charge Notice - Disabled Bay - Forgot to show Badge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - sorry if this is repetitive to what has already been written but my case a little different to parking longer than allowed.

I parked in a Disabled spot at a Shopping Centre and distracted with my 87 year old mum, forgot to display Disabled Badge.

Came back to a PCN on window. Having a quick read and not wanting to upset Mum, thought I would just appeal, as mentioned on rear of notice.

However, when going into their website/appeal, I got this message:

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I then went into their 'Contact Us' link and emailed them to ask how I appealed. I gave my name and email address but did not quote the PCN No. etc.

It was then I started to google and research, finding this forum with the Ignore, Ignore, Ignore advice (then some maybe 'Do Not Ignore advice).

Meanwhile I received a reply from a 'Tito Ponzetta of TPS' giving me an alternative website address to appeal to:

'For appeals please visit parkingappeal co uk (I've written it in this format as I am not allowed to post links) and enter your vehicle details'.

So firstly, have I made a mistake by giving them my name and email address?

Should I follow through and make the appeal about my Mums Disabled Badge?

Or should I now ignore?

I am a little confused after reading that some feel it is best to enter into a dialogue with them in case of new legalization.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

as with all bay marking and lines in private car parks

they are purely grafitti

and your blue badge mean nowt either.

ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As long as it says 'parking' charge notice and NOT 'penalty' charge notice, you can safely and completely ignore it. DO NOT make the mistake of entering into any dialogue at all with them, they WILL write several times, they WILL give up. You owe them nothing at all.

First of all, the fact that it was in the car and you were distracted means that you have a right to appeal it. Second, the notice is not a legal penalty notice. The goons in these car parks are not court or council wardens and do not have any legal authority at all. Watchdog did a show on this issue and there are a lot of private parking firms that are hired by supermarket car parks and other public places, as you are on their property and they can set certain rules. While many people do abuse disabled parking and it is good that these wardens are doing their job, and to be fair, they do not know that you have a legal badge if it is not shown, they can be also over the top at times. There are contact details, or should be on the notice and if not, then they are not acting correctly. The notice has been issued by a private firm and not a traffic warden and is not a legal notice. They cannot take you to court or your blue badge. The best thing is to keep it for record, but do not do anything about it. You do not have to pay it and the debt collection agency does not have any powers either. You have rights and as long as the badge was in the car, you can appeal. I have overlooked my own badge once, and my husband had to go back and leave me on a seat while he went to display it. The so called warden was a 17 year old with attitude in the next bay. We just about made it. I am well known at the supermarket by the manager, so I would have had it removed and unlike police traffic wardens, these can be cancelled and destroyed; I appealled one on behalf of an elderly neighbour once. The advice on watchdog was they are not enforceable unless issued by a local authority warden; and these private issued ones are not. They can issue them: they cannot enforce them. You do not have to pay them and nothing will happen to either you or your mum.

With a real parking ticket (council or police issued) you ALWAYS have the right to appeal under all circumstances (and may well win). With this type of scrap paper unenforceable invoice there is NO APPEAL. Whether you are right or wrong in the parking situation, the appeal is just a ruse to get you to admit you were driving and were indeed there. Then they simply write back to say the 'appeal' was unsuccessful and pile on the pressure until you cave in.

100% ignore all their scare-o-grams

Thanks for all your advice so far.

So regarding the tactic of appealing and giving them your information (ie admitting you're the driver), do you think the email I already sent (below) will give them enough information to pursue me:

I received a parking ticket today that I would like to appeal against.

I visited your site as stated on the ticket but it is coming up:

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name

changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Can you let me know the new procedure for appeals please?

Regards

(My Name)

They also have my email address but none of the ticket information, so nothing at the moment to tie my name to the PCN in question.

Just for curiosity - if I was to appeal and say the badge was in the car and that I had taken legal advice and have been told this charge in unenforceable - would they still continue to chase me?

They will chase and you can leg it!

Just IGNORE whatever they send, I did the same thing , I appealed then found this site.

You will get the standard scary red ink letters threatening everything, Don`t panic!

Just relax and laugh at the letters and smile when you think of this site!