Me vs HSBC

stall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for your letter dated the 15th November 2006. I am happy to accept your offer of £xxx but only as a part settlement of the current amount outstandning of £xxx.

My letter before action sent previously indicated that you had 14 days to respond before the commencment of court action. As this deadline has passed without a satisfactory conclusion Court proceedings have now been issued. In addition to the total above I will be claiming interest per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £0.14. The total settlement at todays date is £xxx including court costs.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Your sincerley.....

la la la

yes (see spelling)

a new trend seems to be developing. once they have acknowledged - go ahead a send them a breakdown of charges to dg - to the person listed on the acknowledgment. this looks like it might cut a couple of weeks down on the waiting time by moving the agenda along at your pace rather than theirs. worth a try, if i were you, i'd go ahead and try it - it certainly doesn't hurt anything. send it recorded delivery tomorrow - you might get a very nice surprize next week!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Laterus ...I didnt manage to send this letter as I have been away. Nothing has been received from DG at all yet! no phone call ..no letters!

On Tuesday will be 28 days since the MCOL is served. Do I apply for a judgment when that day passes??

Cheers

hi stall, they will need your breakdown of charges (the spreadsheet). if you haven't sent it yet you can still do so, otherwise they will request it and it will delay your settlement by another couple of days at least.

Ok - Just penned a very basic letter with my claim number and account number as a reference stating that I look forward to hearing from them and sending a seperate sheet with the breakdown.

This should be suffice I presume?

Ok - Just penned a very basic letter with my claim number and account number as a reference stating that I look forward to hearing from them and sending a seperate sheet with the breakdown.

This should be suffice I presume?

Hi stall, don't know if you've already posted your schedule but this letter should cover it:-

(YOUR ADDRESS)

The Court Manager

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St Katherine’s Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

(DATE)

Dear Sir/Madam

(YOU) –v- (BANK)

Claim No: ********

I have requested the issue of a County Court claim via the Moneyclaim online service, details as above.

Please find enclosed a schedule of the money taken from me by the defendant bank by way of charges, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached with the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

(YOU)

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

stall - bong means send your breakdown to dg straight away. i never sent mine to the court although you should actually send three. by all means send them above letter with breakdown but dg is the priority - send it right away - with a little cover letter saying: please find enclosed a breakdown of my charges and give them a little itemized list -

chargesxxx

interest xxxx

court costs xxxx

Total: xxxx

reference your court claim number.

they seem to be in contact mode this week - might be trying to get some stuff off the books before xmas or year-end. regardless - send it, pronto.

you can try to apply for judgment on that day but it will almost automatically be changed to defense. that's just the way they operate.

stall - bong means send your breakdown to dg straight away. i never sent mine to the court although you should actually send three. by all means send them above letter with breakdown but dg is the priority - send it right away - with a little cover letter saying: please find enclosed a breakdown of my charges and give them a little itemized list -

chargesxxx

interest xxxx

court costs xxxx

Total: xxxx

reference your court claim number.

they seem to be in contact mode this week - might be trying to get some stuff off the books before xmas or year-end. regardless - send it, pronto.

you can try to apply for judgment on that day but it will almost automatically be changed to defense. that's just the way they operate.

Hi Laterus,

Yeah Ive just sent a breakdown to DG today recorded delivery. I didnt put the court cost of £80 though. Arghhhh.

Hopefully I'll hear something...fingers crossed ;-)

it shouldn't matter as they already have been served by the court and are well aware of the court fee. it really is to fix it in your mind what your total is: charges, plus 8% interest, plus court fee. so if they come up with an offer of anything less than that - like drugs - just say no. if they come up with any offer less than 100% you are only 1 letter away from a full offer - read babs 5k+ offer today. your day is coming soon!

• Haha 1

yeah the more the merrier - they'll get so fed up with seeing your schedules everywhere they look they might just pay up to get it off their desks!

if you asked for a cheque then it should come as a cheque - otherwise they will probably just put it into your bank acct.

you just sign the offer and cross off the confidentiality bit - others have and it doesn't affect offer or time it takes to get it.

congrats. on the offer.

don't stop the claim until the money has arrived but then write to the court and tell them it has been settled....here's more:Sticky: When You Get Your Refund

i'm really happy for you.

Wow!! Congrats!!! xxxxxxx

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Congrstulations!

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

no response :x

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/