Letter from Arrow Global about debt I've never heard of! [shop direct]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband has just received a letter from Arrow Global (first time we'd heard of them) containing the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr ******

Debt originally owed to Shop Direct Group

Assigned by Cyclone Asset Management Limited

Account Number: ******

Notice Of Assignment

We advise you that Cyclone Asset Management Limited has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of the above referenced account (including the right to receive payment of the outstanding balance) to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited, effective 23rd December 2011.

Any payments made on this account after 31st December 2010 will be passed to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited and will be deducted from the current balance.

It is essential that all future payments and correspondence regarding this account be directed to:

Fredrickson International Limited, PO Box 260, Weybridge

Surrey, KT13 0YH

Please call: 0845 839 6069

Please quote reference: ******

You should contact Fredrickson International to organise payment of this account as a matter of urgency. If however, you believe that you have received this communication in error please contact Fredrickson International with all relevant information, again, as a matter of urgency. Please note that in order to protect your personal privacy we may need to verify your identity.

We refer you to the enclosed fair processing notice on the reverse of this letter provided pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998. Please read this notice carefully as your personal credit rating could be affected by our filings with the credit reference agencies.

Yours Sincerely,

(Unintelligible signature)

Arrow Global Guernsey Limited

(Another unintelligible signature)

Cyclone Assist Management Limited

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've never heard of the Shop Direct Group and have no idea what this letter is talking about, or what it's trying to say. As far as we know, any debt we do have is not to this mentioned group, and is being paid via standing order, so I am a bit concerned about this.

My husband is loath to contact them about this, even to CCA them, in case they start harassing us, and he certainly doesn't want to provide proof of his identity to just anyone!

This is the first debt letter we've had in a long, long time as we've cleared most of them and have arrangements in place with the rest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Realise the impotence of proofreading everything you write.

it'll be a cataloge or online clothing account.

certainly DO NOT cotac them

and never ever se the phone to talk about your debts

there fleecers have NO LEGAL POWERS

i'll move your thread to the cat forum too.

check his cra file

see below

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

This is so strange! What we noticed first was that there were no details, such a amount 'owed' or when the supposed debt was from. Seems a bit 'sus' to me!

Realise the impotence of proofreading everything you write.

Arrow Global Guernsey are a [right bunch]. I have a run in with them at present as they started County Court Proceedings against me. A long story and I don't want to intrude on your thread but they have made so many errors regarding Court procedure it would be laughable if it wasn't so serious. I have asked the judge in my case to throw their claim out for the third time recently. I pointed out his seemingly bias to them which didn't go down to well in Chambers but I can see light at the end of this tunnel due to their own failings.

Advice is do not be intimidated and stand firm! Good luck with it.

Edited by ims21
Circumventing language filter

“I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.”

• 1 year later...