cataloge charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

going to start claiming charges back from studio,littlewoods & Freemans not done anything like this before i know i need to send out SAR's & that's about it. i get the feeling littlewoods owe us quite abit of money because they have already given us two payments as a "gesture of goodwill" anyone got any advice on the matter??

Hello and Welcome, evilgumbo.

Your correct about sending the SAR first, then a prelim then LBA before starting court action.

I've moved this thread to the Catalogue Forum, have a look at the threads in this Forum, should give you a good idea of what to expect.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

what's a prelim?? is there a template?? sorry i'm not that clued up with these things but i'm determined to get something back from these people this has gone on for nearly ten years now & we've paid charges & admin nearly every month to about 8 different cataloges

Hi,

Sorry, a prelim is a preliminary letter you send to the catalogue company telling them to return the charges they have taken.

You'll be able to work this out once they have complied with your SAR request (I take it you don't know what they have charged you or have all your statements)

I'll have a look for a suitable template.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

thanks.... not sure how much we've been charged over the past couple of years we've had charges every month from at least two of them. i get paid four weekly & it just seems to be the bill is due a day or two before i get paid. we've spoke to them about this in the past & we just seem to hit a brick wall with them. we have had cataloges for a long time now & at one point when i was out of work we had more going out than we had coming in but somehow we managed to make ends meet. its got the point now where i want my money back & i'm prepaired to go to court about it...

Hi evilgumbo

I’m in the middle of reclaiming from Shop Direct for 3 accounts (catalogues). I sent my SAR to the address below and specifically requested all the data for all 3 accounts, although they only sent one back, I eventually got what I wanted.

Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd

Aintree Innovation Centre

Park Lane

Bootle L30 1SL

What they will send you back is a bunch loose A4 sheets of paper. The first few pages will be a chronological list of charges, interest payments etc. You’re looking for code 174G – Administration 12.00. If like me, you will spot it straight away because it’s every month (in my case sometimes I was hit twice). Also look for code 111G, this is hidden PPI payments I was not even aware of! Only one of my accounts had this but it went to 2003 and is worth £2500 ish.

As a rough guide, I have two accounts with charges more or less every month for the past few years and one account with very sporadic charges and the total I will be claiming is about £3500 (plus PPI separately). A long way to go yet but….

Good luck!

• Haha 2

Current Debt : Approx £LOTS :-( ........................................................................Estimated Debt Free : Nov 2014 :-D

Barclaycard (wife) £1,080.43 Refunded

Barclaycard (me) SAR in progress

Shop Direct (x3 accounts) SAR completed. Claiming £3389.37 charges and £3,500 PPI

MBNA ..........SAR in progress. Charges & PPI from 1996 - present!

Your next ----> Lloyds Mastercard x2 - OPUS - Coop Visa - Monument Visa - RBS Visa - Cap One Visa x2 - Redcats x2