Class 1 National Insurance Contribution

geeza2012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am writing this because I need some help and guidance for my next move.

I was in a job for 10years and now am unemployed as I had to resign so that I would not be dismissed from my job and have a bad record when an employer ask for a reference.

I am now if I am right by next week into my 13th week of signing on and receiving JAS starting on the end of February.

So I have a personal advisor to see next week around 22nd to 24th May 2012.

The rates I am getting from February are £67.50 a week

From April 2012 it was £71.00 a week.

I am paid Class 1 National Insurance Contribution which runs out on 15th Aug 2012.

I really have no idea how they worked this out can anyone shed some light on this for me please and in a very very simple way????

As I understand it, after 13 weeks you are interviewed to confirm that you are actively seeking employment and the advisor will assist you in finding a job.

You got the JSA contribution based as you were probably paid at or above the lower earnings limit for NI but that does change to JSA income based which is means tested.

Gbarbm

contribution based JSA is only payable for a maximum period of 182 calender days, after that you would need to complete form JSA3 to assess any entitlement to income based JSA which is based on your family/household income and possible savings.