Frenchie v Woolwich what now?

frenchieboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, Have sent our first 2 letters asking the Woolwich oh so nicely for our charges back each time telling them they have 14 days to respond. The second deadline for their reply is 5/10/06. Received a letter dated 28/9/06 from Woolwich saying they have sent our complaint to Barclays Customer Relations. We want to send our third letter complete with interest this friday 6/10/06 but now not sure whether to send it to the Woolwich or to Barclays. Would it be best to send our next letter to Barclays along with copies of all previous correspondence? Would be grateful if someone can give us a bit of advice on this one. Cheers:cool:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have already sent a preliminary letter and the LBA, then I wouldn't bother to write any more letters; they have already had 28 days to respond to your claim - its time to file your claim either on Moneyclaim or at your local County Court. Good luck

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

it may be worth a letter to them once you have filed with the claim details in full, if you send that recorded they then cant claim the knew nothing about it and get any judgement set aside. they will deffo take you more seriously when you put "notice of action" at the top of the letter.

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

Hi I was thinking that even though we have received the letter from Barclays (hopefully this means they have all previous correspondence from the Woolwich) we'll send photocopies of everything along with our Notice of Action that way they can't stall claiming they don't have all the information. Thanks for your help :D

Of course it is up to you, but I wouldn't waste any more time and effort sending letters to them. You have already sent 2 letters to The Woolwich, and I expect that they have passed the file on to Barclays.

Time to litigate!!

LBA sent 19/06

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

Yes - Time to file now!!

Have had exactly the same correspondence from Woolwich then Barclays.

You will probably get an offer letter next. "as a token of their generosity"!! probably 50%.

Tell them that you will accept it as a part offer only and you will pursue the rest in court.(follow the guidelines in the FAQ's)

Good Luck - keep us posted.

I am about the same position with the Woolwich and one step on with the NatWest.

NatWest

01-08-06 - Request for refund sent etc followed by all the other nonsense!!

18-10-06 - Settled in full - DONATION to site made:)

Woolwich

01/08/06 - Prelim letter sent

03/08/06 - Acknowledge letter received from Woolwich

18/08/06 - 2nd letter from Woolwich

21/08/06 - Acknowledge letter received from Barclays

13/09/06 - Offer letter received

19/09/06 - Confirmed I will settle at my amount sent

06/10/06 - No reply so LBA sent

02/11/06 - MCOL filed

21/11/06 - Acknowledged rec

05-12-06 - AQ rec & returned

23-03-07 - Court date!!

Capital One x2

16/11/06 - S.A.R Rec

Wifes Capital One x 2

18/11/06 - S.A.R Rec

Boy did that feel good!! Have filed our claim obviously paid with our Woolwich debit card!! Will get the letter off to Barclays tomorrow letting them know what we've done then sit back & wait wont hold our breath probably be a long wait! Thanks for your advice peeps:-D

Just spent about an hour sifting through the libraries & other threads looking for a notice of action letter to send to Barclays, have re-read LBA letter & it looks as if we don't send them another one! do we just sit back and wait now without making any further contact with Barclays? Sorry having a dim moment!:rolleyes:

Yes, now that you filed your claim, you have to wait for Barclays to acknowledge which they have to do within 14 days, and then they normally wait for another 14 days and file a defence. Then the court will send out the Allocation Questionnaires to each side, and once those are returned to the court, a judge will decide on a hearing date.

From now on you dont really have to make any more contact with Barclays, unless of course they contact you to settle in full

LBA sent 19/06

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

That would be a nice thought, but after following everyone elses stories I dont think thats likely still we can hope. Still we've got our Morgan Stanley, Barclaycard, MBNA & Abbey to keep us busy now. Thanks everyone for your advice & support :razz:

Apparently all Moneyclaim On Line go through Northampton initially but if it goes to court then it will be a nearer one to you (or so Ive read!!)

Good Luck

NatWest

01-08-06 - Request for refund sent etc followed by all the other nonsense!!

18-10-06 - Settled in full - DONATION to site made:)

Woolwich

01/08/06 - Prelim letter sent

03/08/06 - Acknowledge letter received from Woolwich

18/08/06 - 2nd letter from Woolwich

21/08/06 - Acknowledge letter received from Barclays

13/09/06 - Offer letter received

19/09/06 - Confirmed I will settle at my amount sent

06/10/06 - No reply so LBA sent

02/11/06 - MCOL filed

21/11/06 - Acknowledged rec

05-12-06 - AQ rec & returned

23-03-07 - Court date!!

Capital One x2

16/11/06 - S.A.R Rec

Wifes Capital One x 2

18/11/06 - S.A.R Rec

as you are an individual the case should be held at a court near you but if its MCOL it will be Northampton to start wiv

Much Luck dont think you wil need it tho.

Al.

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Big Al I've been reading your Woolwich thread, if yours is anything to go by it'll be a long wait.....Reckon we'll be looking forward to the clocks going forward by the time ours goes to court!! Cant honestly see the nice people at Barclays actually crediting our account with the 950.00 think it'll be a "sod off see you in court" letter that we get next. Oh well it'll give me some time to chase up hubbys credit card charges I suppose! and so the fight goes on....

Have just typed the response to settlement offer & then smugly put it in the pre-paid envelope they supplied for our "full & final acceptance form" - I don't think so! Will send it recorded delivery tomorrow, hopefully they'll think it's an acceptance - cheapskates - & open the letter sooner rather than later..

Yes it'll will probably be a long winter, but just think when you have reclaimed your charges how brightly the sun will shine for the rest of the year.

Chin up x.

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

We received a letter from Barclays on 25th to say they were sorry we didn't want to accept the 950.00 offered, but they wouldn't make it as an interim payment as it was a goodwill gesture , if we'd like to reconsider & accept and sign their original offer letter blah blah all the usual dross, we didn't bother to acknowledge the letter. Checked online this morning and Barclays have acknowledged the claim so we guesse thats another 2 weeks wait & then they'll submit their defence at the last knockings.