Unable to get a mortgage due to a Vodafone default i wasnt aware I had

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Heidi has been in touch tonight, discussed the whole situation as outlined in the email. She says she has to forward an email onto Vodafone Quality Assurance and we may be waiting upto 10 days for their decision :(. We are realy worried still as not only could we loose the house in this time, but also Heidi seemed to think the Quality Assurance Team may refuse to remove the default because I did not update them with my new address.

My argument was that the reason a debt was generated after my contract was terminated and after my direct debits had stopped was because I acted as advised by Vodafone customer services to cancel my Direct Debit on the advised date. I argued that this marker they had put against my name by placing a default on my credit history was in no way a fair and true representation of my payment ability.

I explained our current situation re house, children etc and the stress and effect this was having on our lives and Heidi said she understood and if it were up to here she would remove the default, but the decision lies in the hands of the Quality Assurance Team?

WE are awaiting the decision on tenderhooks, keeping everything crossed. As I explained to Heidi for the sake of a £16.00 missed payment (caused by vodafones miscommunication) we could loose this house which will have a devastating effect on our future :(

WE will keep up updated when we hear anything. If anyone has any further advice it would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you put a "note of correction" on your credit file?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Can you put a "note of correction" on your credit file?

Locutus beat me to it. A notice of correction can be up to 200 words long and so long as it is factual, the CRA won't edit it.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hello,

How do I go about putting a Note of Correction on my credit file? I assume the default will still be on there? The problem is teh mortgage lenders/banks etc are not looking passed the word "default" they wont even assess the rest of my credit report, just and automatic decline :(.

Thanks Again

Lucy

yes that is the issue.

did they tell you it was a voda default or you found out afterwards?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i have someone going thru the exact same thing as you.

they cancelled on the phone one month before the end of contract as the phone went faulty

they never used it again after putting the same sim in another phone to ring voda and tell them this.

voda then said, that againt their terms to ports the sim . so did not cancel the contract apparently!

they also took several dd's after this date some years ago now - so relaim/dd return too rolled into this one

friend has only just found that out too.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In circumstances such as this where the customer has followed the instructions provided by the company concerned, there is no excuse for their not immediately removing the default.

There might be some milage in re-iterating your complaint to Vodaphone:

That you followed their instructions regarding cancelled the contract and direct debits yet they registered a default with the credit reference agencies for an amount that you were not billed.

That you have been refused a mortgage on a house that you would like to purchase because of the default that they have improperly placed

That you will sue them for a very large amount if you lose the house purchase

Vodaphone can remove defaults immediately.

I would try insisting that they do so.

An email or two submitted in different ways won't harm yur case. If you can find the MD's email, so much the better

Keep all of the documentation regarding the house, your mortgage applications and refusals and a log of all calls (or better still, a recording) because if you lose the house and can show that, on the balance of probabilities, it is because of Vodaphone's unwarranted actions, you will be able to sue them for a very large amount of money (possibly the house price), possibly on a no-win-no-fee basis

The top mans name is Guy Laurence. His email address is available on the Vodafone website

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks Guys for all this info.

I did assert to Heidi on the phone yesterday that I strongly advise they remove the default asap or else I will have no other option than to fight for our future and I will proceed to court. Not only for the potential loss of the house of our dreams but also for the distress and psychological effect this has had on me and my fiance. I have not been able to eat or sleep or concentrate at work properly with the uncertainty of the outcome. Never mind the fact that my Credit REport is so damaged by this that if we were to even need to try and move to rent somewhere else within the next 6 years, we wouldnt pass the credit checks.

I am furious that Vodafone have put a "label" on me as being a "high risk" to other lenders. IT is clear from my history of paying hundreds of pounds to vodafone that this is FALSE and they cannot be allowed to continue to affect good, hardworking peoples lives in this way,

It is a crazy world we live in where because of a miscommunication, a debt is generated and even if that person was in error (which I am not), after being brought down to their knees in tears, a company with far too much power will still REFUSE to remove a default that could destroy that persons future........ Just because they can.

A default should be placed on someones credit file to alert other lenders that there is TRUE AND PROVEN risk by lending to that person.........That is not true of me, or many others who have been "labelled" as such by Vodafone.

just bear-in-mind another scenario.

if they [wrongly] thought the contract was still live

then they would have put markers on the cra file 'late/no payment'

after 6 of these the CRA system automatically changes it to 'D' or 8

and no further markers are allowed. and prev oes upto the D/8 are removed.

so voda migt not have issed a DN , but they still need to rectify the matter.!!

dx

and they

Hi Lucy,

Apologies for the delay with my reply here.

As per your updates Heidi will be handling your case and although the outcome cannot be guaranteed she will get back to you as soon as she has more news.

I can certainly understand your emotions at this time and so please be assured that we'll do our best to get this looked into as quickly as possible.

Ignore all correspondence from their 'customer services' and wait for Lee to see this. He does come on regularly (not here ATM) so it may be sooner rather than later

Hi silverfox,

Unfortunately, I was a little tied up on Friday and so wasn't able to make an appearance.

However, in recognition of the urgency of Lucy's case I did ask Heidi to take a look at things for her.

I believe Heidi has been on these boards before, and is probably getting the ball rolling to correct this for you ASAP :)

Hi locutus,

Although Heidi hasn't yet made her debut on CAG it won't be too long as even I need to take time off. :-)

Kind regards to you all.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

I have seen the name a lot so I think she has handled issues (at least initially) in the past.

Guessing you have a holiday planned... if outside the EU watch them damn roaming rates! :p

I'm sure vodafone is aware that should an issue where a customer has been advised to follow a certain route, and they have followed those instructions, and end up with a default, this would add a lot of weight to any court case. As Durkin has said, small claims court for £5000 and removal of the default.

Over £16 this is ridiculous. Keep in mind this was a long term loyal customer.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi Guys

Thankyou again so much for your support and thankyou Lee for getting in touch, Heidi was lovely on the phone the other day, she completely understood where I was coming from. I am hoping and praying that this can be resolved at this level rather than having to go further because tiem realy is precious right now.

And thankyou Locutus for pointing out that I was a very loyal longstanding client. As I have stated many times me and my Fiance are good honest hardworking people (Im a Nurse- Im even working today on a Bank Holiday!). We are not the type of people who would ever avoid paying any bill we knew we owed, we have too heavy conscience's.

Hand on heart we never knew we owed any money and that can be proven by the fact the debt letters were being sent to our old address, i never recieved them or the default notice.

Fingers and toes all still crossed for Vodafone to make the RIGHT and FAIR decision to remove the Default....this is not a game of power....this is my life and my familys future literally on the line.....over a £16.00 bill :(

Thankyou again everyone for your support

Lucy

Hi,

Have just spoken to Lee on the phone, has lifted my spirits a little as although he cannot guarantee anything, he seems hopeful that we will be able to get things resolved :) Still keeping my fingers and toes crossed as we may eb waiting upto 10 days to hear :( but we will keep in touch to let you all know how we get on...perhaps a ray of hope!

Thanks

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your time on the phone yesterday.

As promised, as soon as we have an update for you we'll get back in touch to discuss things further.

I have seen the name a lot so I think she has handled issues (at least initially) in the past.

Guessing you have a holiday planned... if outside the EU watch them damn roaming rates! :p

I'm sure vodafone is aware that should an issue where a customer has been advised to follow a certain route, and they have followed those instructions, and end up with a default, this would add a lot of weight to any court case. As Durkin has said, small claims court for £5000 and removal of the default.

Over £16 this is ridiculous. Keep in mind this was a long term loyal customer.

Hi locutus,

I think you may be getting Heidi confused with Kirsty who used to post a couple of years ago.

This said, Heidi does post regularly on MSE and so you've most likely come across her there.

Whilst I can't go into the specifics of anyone's case Lucy can be assured that hers will be reviewed thoroughly before we arrive at any definitive conclusions.

Kind regards to you both.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Im pleased to say the default has been removed! Am OVER the moon! We are re-applying the application for the mortgage today so fingers crossed itl be smooth sailing now!

Thankyou again everyone for your support, thankyou Lee and Heidi for realy hurrying my case through :)

Lucy

• Haha 1

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for taking the time to update your thread with this wonderful news.

I really do hope that your mortgage application can now be approved so you and your partner can purchase the house you've set your hearts on.

If you don't mind, could you provide one final update once your mortgage is in place?

Take care and all the best for the future.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Im pleased to say the default has been removed! Am OVER the moon

I am very happy for you and well done for staying the course.

Can I add one thing though. Please check your credit file for the next couple of months. On one occasion that I know of, the default has been placed again.

If you don't mind, could you provide one final update once your mortgagelink3.gif is in place?

Well done to you-again- Lee and I absolutely agree with the above statement. Once the mortgage is in place, I will mark this thread resolved

Very happy for ya Lucyboo, Everything is crossed here for the mortgage and the house, the low interest rates and low amounts of people buying should give you an edge in this market. Keep us informed, hoping to hear your good news become great news soon.

Well done as usual Lee, ps. This is the thread where I read of Heidi in your team is HERE

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi

Ive tried to contact Heidi both yesterday and today but had no reply, just because my mortgage adviser has asked me to check that vodafone have removed the default from all of the other Credit Reference Agenceis (i.e. Equafax and Callcredit....) not just the one I use Experian.

The application in principle re-application is still being reviewed by the mortgage lender of our choice, they have taken two days to review so far? So im a little concerned why they are having to review so extensivly now both mine and my fiances credit reports are showing "Excellent" and we have more than enough income to cover repayments and we have the deposit ready also? I think my mortgage advisor wants to make sure that our Credit Reports are clear with all the companies incase we get declined again and have to apply with another lender :(.

The only reason I can see for our current application being declined though is the fact that they are aware there WAS a default that has now being removed? I have the feeling if we were new applicants with my now "Excellent " rating, they would have said yes?

Anyhow we dont have an answer either way yet and so ill keep you updated.

Does anyone know whether this will already be the case, that all of them have had the default removed from them? All Ive been informed by vodafone is that they updated the CRA with the default removal, and my experian credit report is now showing Excellent. But I dont know whether the CRA would then automatically update the others?

Any help gratefully recieved whilst Im awaiting a reply from Heidi or Lee

Thankyou

Lucy

no they wont tell the others

check

https://www.noddle.co.uk/signup?source=mgm

i would be inclined to get a letter off vodafone that states they have removed the default

as it was an accounting mistake.

that way you can fwd it to whomever needs it

dx

and they

Hi Lucy,

I'm afraid Heidi has been out of the office for the last couple of days.

However, I can reassure you that the removal of the adverse information has been carried out with all three credit reference agencies.

Hopefully it won't be too long now before you know the outcome of your mortgage application.

Very happy for ya Lucyboo, Everything is crossed here for the mortgage and the house, the low interest rates and low amounts of people buying should give you an edge in this market. Keep us informed, hoping to hear your good news become great news soon.

Well done as usual Lee, ps. This is the thread where I read of Heidi in your team is HERE

Blimey locutus, you've got a good memory.

I'd forgotten that Heidi had had some involvement with that thread.

This Lee looks like he knows his stuff, I hope he can help me too.

I do try Simon.

I'll also pick up your concerns in reply to your thread here in a moment.

Kind regards to you all.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Just read this how do i go about hurrying my default through as i have been on to vodafone and they said it will take 2 weeks, i have 2 months to find a house before our new build house is complete... Please help im fuming at vodafone and me and my fiance are thinking of takung vidafone to court uf this doesnt get sorted. Please help. X

Just read this how do i go about hurrying my default through as i have been on to vodafone and they said it will take 2 weeks, i have 2 months to find a house before our new build house is complete... Please help im fuming at vodafone and me and my fiance are thinking of takung vidafone to court uf this doesnt get sorted. Please help. X

I have started a thread for you here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?350433-Vodafone-default-Can-t-get-Mortgage

Carry on posting on that one and not here as it will only get confusing otherwise