Is Currys "whatever happens" cover just a rip off?

ryker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Ryker

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such, explain whats happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Sebastian James, Chief Executive

[email protected]

Here are some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Hi Ryker

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such, explain whats happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Sebastian James, Chief Executive

[email protected]

Here are some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Thanks rebel i'm geting on with that now and thanks for the address and name.

UPDATE

Letter sent recorded and copy via email

Edited by ryker

• 2 months later...

Victory!

:madgrin:

After weeks of letters currys has finally replaced the iPod.

At one stage they refused to even give me the basic information as to why they would not replace my device except for the excessive damage bull.

My final letter asked why they refuse to repair or replace and why they consider it misuse, abuse etc. and what they consider misuse, abuse.

I included example images from the web with damage the same as my ipod as evidence. I then asked them to explain why this type of damage is so common, and why if it is so common they say it isn't as this is a contradiction?

They had no answer and just offered a replacement straight away.

Moral of this story.

Do not give up.

Always keep a written record of correspondence

Ask them to explain every thing e.g. what exactly they mean by misuse, abuse in your case.

If you have evidence such as other people on the web with same problem or defect use that in your case.

And finally if you believe that you are in the right be willing to go all the way even to county court and watch them run!

Dave

Well done! Thanks for the update, and I take a similar line, court action works out less profitable for them, so if they don't do the right thing, enforce it with court action.

It's taken over 3 months since you started this thread... that's simply not good enough customer service. I'd be following this with a complaint about how much time and effort it's taken for you to sort this, and asking for recompense for this... but that's just me, probably better to move on :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 months later...

This cover is so pathetic, you should not have to argue for weeks and weeks just to get an ipod replaced.

I reckon you are better just paying £10 a month into another account and use that to go towards the ipod if it ever breaks! And if it doesn't you have a bonus fund!

247moneybox: £418.04

1monthloan: £260

WageDayAdvance: £462

MicroCredit: £156

Amigo: £427.44

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations Dave, victory for the little guy. I am in the same position with a damaged TV, however I have gone right for there jugular. I sent a Letter Before Action last Wednesday. I am hoping for a positive response, if not then I'm off to court on the 10th November.

I might be jumping the gun but I wont be treated like a criminal by these people!

SV