DAVID ENGINE vs HSBC

DAVID ENGINE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ooooooo i hope its soon, did you petedoyle's thread, he just won the whole lot...over 5k!

Come on Mr HSBC come on....................

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooooo i hope its soon, did you petedoyle's thread, he just won the whole lot...over 5k!

Come on Mr HSBC come on....................

yeah just seen that good innit :D I convinced my mate at work to do it. he got all his schedules and worked out the total but though it would be too much hassle. I asked him how much his charges were......10 grand!!! :o i told him if he didnt do it i'd do it for him on principle! lol

I am hoping to get my money next week. Could really do with it for wednesday but i dont see that happening. :p

25th spetember - Sent off S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

10th October - Received all statements

11th October - Calculated all charges

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

16th October - Sent prelim letter to Ian Shepherd

17th October - Letter delivered. 14 days starts today!

31st October - LBA sent first class recorded!

2nd November - Confirmation LBA received

18th November - Filed my MCOL for £1278. Bosh!

20th November - MCOL acknowledged

24th November - Acknowledgement of service

24th November - Received offer of £900. Rejected

30th November - Received offer of £1023. Rejected

Good luck dave!! Ill be following your thread, looks like your VERY close to the end! I hope so!

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Good luck dave!! Ill be following your thread, looks like your VERY close to the end! I hope so!

Thanks Claire when i started my claim id look at the threads and think "i wish i was where they are" and now i am! i can smell it. If i send my part payment rejection tomorrow they'll have it by monday and i genuinely think they will look at it and just give me my money and tell me to p*ss off!

hope so anyway :D

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

I really hope so too dave, what a great xmas you'll have!!

Im amazed that you've had 2 offers already! I claimed 2 days after you on MCOL and have not heard a single thing! Apart from the usual letter saying they intend to defend! Its a joke!! I just want to know whats going on!

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Just realised I keep calling you Dave and yor name says David! Sorry! :o I hate getting names wrong!!

Just realised I keep calling you Dave and yor name says David! Sorry! :o I hate getting names wrong!!

No worries everyone calls me dave anyway :cool:

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

Hi david

thanks for the support. I am at a similar stage to you and the waiting is driving me mad.

I did get an offer to my original letter but it was £1000 against a total of £1850 so I declined. interrestingly they tried to say the charges totalled £1200 and they were offering £1000 against this.

I checked bank statements and figuere was indeed £1850. Now claiming £2200 including court fees.

Hoping when I get home tonight there might be a letter from DG.

Wishing you good luck.

regards

Steve

im sure they wait til you get to the court stage and offer you less so you feel you have wasted the court costs out of spite.

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

:D I convinced my mate at work to do it. he got all his schedules and worked out the total but though it would be too much hassle. I asked him how much his charges were......10 grand!!! :o i told him if he didnt do it i'd do it for him on principle! lol

Blooooooming nora! 10k.....I wouldn't be leaving that one alone...he wants to get that started ASAP!!

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

:grin: I convinced my mate at work to do it. he got all his schedules and worked out the total but though it would be too much hassle. I asked him how much his charges were......10 grand!!! :shock: i told him if he didnt do it i'd do it for him on principle! lol

David - I'd do it for him too!! Loads of my friends say they can't be bothered either, it amazes me!!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

£10k, really? wow, that one would really upset the banks :D

Hang in there David, not much longer now. I didnt get a single offer or letter til I filed my AQ, they paid in the end tho :p

This bit is definitely the worst in my opinion, waiting for the money, knowing they WILL pay, but when?

Keep smiling :)

PLEASE READ THE FAQ's

£10k, really? wow, that one would really upset the banks :D

Hang in there David, not much longer now. I didnt get a single offer or letter til I filed my AQ, they paid in the end tho :p

This bit is definitely the worst in my opinion, waiting for the money, knowing they WILL pay, but when?

Keep smiling :)

yeah thats exactly how i feel. everyday i go to check my post and i always feel really disappointed when theres nothing there

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

Snap.... :Cry:

dave

just thought i'd tell you, son #2 went to nottingham last night to see TOOL. He loved it! Said it was really great, a super concert. And, of course, they did Lateralus.

Good luck for news soon,

L

A couple of my friends saw them in Manchester last week and said they were phenomenal :) I would have really loved to have gone myself after them blowing me away totally at Donnington this year but unfortunately...yes you guessed it....im skint! lol

the same to you with the positive vibes for your claim latty :D

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

Guest SAM COOK

Hi

I was recently charged £75.00 for being less than 24 hours overdrawn on my joint account and £50.00 on my own personal account. I wrote to HSBC to say I was dissappointed with their service and how could they add these charges on to my account. I also requested bank statements for the last 2 years from when I got married. They offered me the £125.00 refund but I have to sign to say I won't make any more claims against them. Only when We checked our statements we have been charged over £1400.00 in charges. I was thinking of using your letter above as a template - do you think I have a good chance of getting all our money back?

Did you sign the agreement? If so exactly what did it say? It may depend on that if you signed and it had in full and final settlement you will need to have it looked at before you proceed

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

sam cook - do you sing?

yes, you stand a very good chance (like about as good a chance as you are every likely to have!) of getting your charges back.

please, please, start a thread of your own so we can welcome you, help you, etc. it is so much easier to follow your progress if you comment on other people's threads but ask questions on your own. up at the top - "start thread".

now, the very best advice anyone will give you at this point is:

take the next couple of days and read the faq and step by step instructions, once to put it in your head, then again to start digesting it all and then again before you make any more moves at all. when you really think you understand what you are getting into. make your start.

that's when we are here to help.

personally, i dislike answering really obvious questions but i love helping people who have tried to do it for themselves first. i think most people are the same.

so, don't rush, read all you can on the faq and step by step sections, read some of the success stories for hsbc. when you feel just a little more confidant with what's going on. just take a deep breathe and start in. you are entitled to go back 6 years, no problems - so if your hsbc account(s) is less than six years old, just rearrange the wording on the first letter. if you have all your statements, either because you kept them or because you've obtained them on-line, for the last 6 yrs or less if you opened it sooner (even if you had charges from hsbc before your were married, you would want to include them) then you are ready to begin. hope this doesn't discourage you at all, that is not my intent. we look forward to helping you all we can.

obviously, you are right to question it, don't sign that other letter. just put it to the side for the moment - it won't do any harm.

Guest SAM COOK

No I don't sing, It was one of his songs we danced to at our wedding thought the name might be lucky!

I stated in the letter we never had any problems with our bank accounts until we got married and purchased our house, HSBC would ring every week to see if we wanted loans, mortgagage and overdrafts with them. I feel as if they offered me the £125.00 to shut me up straight away befoe I even checked the penalties which we have paid as requested on our bank stats. The letter they sent states they are to give me a full refund of £125.00 as a final settlement for all complaints against the bank. I also complained as they set up a dd we did not agree to - so this is also getting looked into. It all seems quite complicated. I just wrote the first letter as I was annoyed with a girl I spoke to at customer services.

oh, i get it, it's your username - sometimes people just use their real names and i thought that was yours! bit thicko, me sometimes. yes, i think you are just the sort of person this site was made for. and it's "new thread" at the top of the thread list - not start thread like i said. so, start your thread, start reading and keep us posted on your progress and ask any questions. as i said above - don't sign anything - and don't trust phone calls either - if they call again - or press for a sig on the agreement - just say your solicitor is looking at it and you prefer all communication in writing. welcome to the group!

No I don't sing, It was one of his songs we danced to at our wedding thought the name might be lucky!

I stated in the letter we never had any problems with our bank accounts until we got married and purchased our house, HSBC would ring every week to see if we wanted loans, mortgagage and overdrafts with them. I feel as if they offered me the £125.00 to shut me up straight away befoe I even checked the penalties which we have paid as requested on our bank stats. The letter they sent states they are to give me a full refund of £125.00 as a final settlement for all complaints against the bank. I also complained as they set up a dd we did not agree to - so this is also getting looked into. It all seems quite complicated. I just wrote the first letter as I was annoyed with a girl I spoke to at customer services.

Yes, please start your own thread. I can then post you up a latter I wrote to HSBC when they tried telling me that I couldn't claim again; that statement is against your Human Rights. They cannot restrict your right to take legal action upon someone. So, please do not sign that agreement.

Once you have started your thread, ley us know what it's called and we'll come over and help you out.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Im starting to get very twitchy about the wait now...when the 28 days is up do i then have to file for judgement allowing HSBC more leverage to drag this on forever? or atleast what seems like forever.

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

As soon as the 28 days from the date of service is up file a request for Default Judgment. You can do it online if you issued online. You will probably find though that a Defence has been lodged 10 mins before!

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06