DAVID ENGINE vs HSBC

DAVID ENGINE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh.....I saw somewhere on here it was the amount WITH the 8% x 0.00022! is this gonna knacker my claim as this was the way I did it :o

Hmmm..I was told by Barracad it was without the 8% and that's how I've done all my claims.

I wouldn't worry about it mate - the solicitors will query it if they think it's wrong, if they don't then you'll be paid it!! hehe....

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that too !!

Total claim (claim + 8%) x 0.00022 = daily interest

So I did same as you

One thing, just been advised that you need to post a copy of the schedule of cjharges to the court (Northampton in my case) quoting your claim reference, so they have a copy

(only applies if you submitted your claim using MCOL)

Steve !

Steve, not that I'm questioning you but who told you this? I didn't do this with any of my claims and I wouldn't have thought the court needed to know that info until a hearing date.

Send it anyway, guess it can't hurt......

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Hi David,

I wouldn't swear to it, but 'think' it was Bong-he's a moderator so I assumed he knows more than little ole me !! LOL

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Hi David,

I wouldn't swear to it, but 'think' it was Bong-he's a moderator so I assumed he knows more than little ole me !! LOL

Oh, ok..it's worth doing anyway, wouldn't hurt!!

Thanks for letting me know!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Ok cool it doesnt sound like too big a deal if it is the other way round. I am just looking forward to atleast some contact from HSBC, especially if it contains a nice fat juicy cheque!

25th spetember - Sent off S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

10th October - Received all statements

11th October - Calculated all charges

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

16th October - Sent prelim letter to Ian Shepherd

17th October - Letter delivered. 14 days starts today!

31st October - LBA sent first class recorded!

2nd November - Confirmation LBA received

18th November - Filed my MCOL for £1278. Bosh!

20th November - MCOL acknowledged

24th November - Acknowledgement of service

24th November - Received offer of £900. Rejected

30th November - Received offer of £1023. Rejected

well, it should do soon!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Im not looking forward to the next month of waiting, spesh as it's chrimbo and I'm totally skint but i guess i just have to dig in and get through it. To be honest im loving every second of this, i love a good fight, especially when it's something you believe in and when i sent my LBA with the threat of action giving them 14 days etc it felt so good seeing as they have done the same to me. To turn the tables felt awesome :lol:

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

Also, what exactly is the time frame for MCOL?

Is it that they have 14 days to enter a defence and if they dont I win by default? If they do is there then a further 28 days to wait from when they do enter a defence?

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

It's 14 calendar days from serving (usually 3-5 days after submission) they then get 14 days to acknowledge (if the don't you win) if they do, they get a further 14 days to enter a defence (if they don't you win)

ALL are calendar days NOT working days !!

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Im not looking forward to the next month of waiting, spesh as it's chrimbo and I'm totally skint but i guess i just have to dig in and get through it. To be honest im loving every second of this, i love a good fight, especially when it's something you believe in and when i sent my LBA with the threat of action giving them 14 days etc it felt so good seeing as they have done the same to me. To turn the tables felt awesome :lol:

Yeah, I know waht you mean - I love a good fight too....andlike you say, they wouldn't think twice to do it to you, so don't feel any remorse doing it to them!!! haha

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Yeah, I know waht you mean - I love a good fight too....andlike you say, they wouldn't think twice to do it to you, so don't feel any remorse doing it to them!!! haha

I have just finished reading Roy Keane's auto biography and as odd as it may sound it's really put me in the mood to crack some skulls lol :D I cant wait to get one over on HSBC, for the little guy to fight the fight and win is such a positive scenario, a bit like Rocky really :D

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

It's 14 calendar days from serving (usually 3-5 days after submission) they then get 14 days to acknowledge (if the don't you win) if they do, they get a further 14 days to enter a defence (if they don't you win)

ALL are calendar days NOT working days !!

So in total its 28 days but if they enter a defence what's the timeframe on that if there even is one? Dont they normally enter a defence then pay up straight away anyway? sounds like a ballache for all the people dealing with it to be honest, as much as i hate my job i wouldnt want to be doing theirs all day!

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

Just to clear up a few misconceptions here - it wasn't me who said that you add 8% to your claim and then multiply it by 0.00022. That is definitely wrong.

It is your claim x 0.00022 to calculate the daily rate.

Otherwise you would be claiming 8% interest on the 8% interest. :o

I don't know when I ever became promoted to mod either LOL but sadly (or some might say fortunately) that isn't true either. :p

And as far as I know, I have never been a 'he'. :o :D

Don't worry too much about the daily interest mistake, if you work it out I'm sure it'll only make about 1p difference. Let them spot the error or pay it at their peril!

ms bong,

you'd get my vote for mod,

sister lat.

Just out of interest is your name Lateralus after the album of the same name by the fabulous Tool?

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

how sad am i? i'm a mom (yes, american spelling) with two big lads still at home - one uni, one working - it's the working one i did the bank charges claim for and the uni one is big time tool fan (seeing them in nott. on 1 dec). so i actually stole my son's password when i should have used hotel california - is it too late to change?????lol.

lol

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi all in this thread,

HSBC have just today acknowledged my MCOL - POOOOOO !! (oh well there goes my hopes of a sneaky win by default)

28 day clock ticking now !!

Cheers, Steve.

cool Steve, thanks for letting us know - have you got your own thread by any chance?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi Uni,

My pleasure ;) , and yep sure have, not sure how to show a link, but it's under my user name 'steve_n' :)

p.s David asked a good Q, what happens next, after the 28 days are up following on from the bank acknowledging the claim - am I right in assuming they now tend to enter a defence (more stalling ?) and if they do, how long is that valid for ?

Steve.

Checked MCOL and it said my claim has been acknowledged. Just have to wait for it to be served now. I have poopy pants. Im gonna be ok arent I? :???:

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

And I see that HSBC are going to charge me £25 this month...nice.

How do i add this to my claim?

Drafted prelim letter

Did spreadsheets

hi David, when you get a copy of the acknowledgement document it will give the name of the contact representing the bank - DG solicitors. Drop them a line with your claim number, enclosing a copy of your spreadsheet.

You should hear from them with an offer to settle before their deadline is up to file their defence. They are getting slower at this, due to the amount of claims they are dealing with I imagine, but even if it gets to the stage that they enter a defence don't worry - you will hear from them a day or so later and take it from there, declining their offer if it is less than the total required to satisfy your full claim with interest and court fees, or accepting it, on your conditions, if they offer 100%.

Once a defence has been filed you will be sent notice of transfer to your local court from MCOL, with an Allocation Questionnaire which has to be returned to the new court within 14 days. If you have settled in the meantime, you would not need to return the AQ but send a letter to the court, once the money is in your hands, saying you are withdrawing your claim because you have reached settlement with the defendant.

And I see that HSBC are going to charge me £25 this month...nice.

How do i add this to my claim?

You can't unless you file an amendment to your claim which costs £35.

All you can do is ask the solicitors to include it in your settlement cheque otherwise you will be starting up a new claim which will cost them another court fee.