• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

new request for advice-feel am being witch hunted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, cannot believe how busy this site is - seems many of us are in the same boat, which comforts me somewhat.

i have been off sick since February with depression, medication etc - work related stress - since 2010 i have been going to management and it is documented in 1:1 meetings. nothing was ever done.

i did not realise how ill i actually was, not only due to stress but also physically, thus the reason i have been off since February this year.

I was referred to Occupational Health, during that telephone conversation - i was advised to write to my manager and HR and request a copy was kept in my personal file, reasons why i felt why i did.

i did this - i was honest, but blunt - i did talk about management, unprofessionalism and gave examples of situations that had made me feel inadequate, highlighting the inequality within the team - a week later i was accused of breaching confidentiality so now have to face an investigatory meeting, plus managers are asking me to attend a sickness review meeting.

i feel i am the product of a witch hunt for want of a better word, and have always felt that they do not want me there, why would they - as off sick - i am not productive.

i would like to resign as i have no desire to return or in fact do this job any more - that is the only thing i am 100% clear on - but feel if i do, well then i look guilty.

i am in the healthcare profession in the uK. Can anyone offer any advise at all?

thank you in advance x

Hello there and welcome to CAG.

I hope the guys will be along later when they can with advice for you. I think one the first thoughts for you is likely to be not to resign, but that would be in the case that you wish to claim compensation.

But I'm not clear why you might want to resign? If you aren't going through any sort of disciplinary procedure, I don't see why you would look guilty for resigning and going to work at a place where you might be happier.

Hopefully the guys will advise further on this, but any thoughts you can add would be helpful.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there, it must a difficult time for you of course, and in such circumstances it might seem difficult to do what you think is best. Are there any union reps or trusted workmates you could talk things through with? I knew I had to leave my job - but it still took me another two years of putting up with sporadic management hassle before I took the step to go. I wish I had left sooner. If you feel that you are clear in your own mind that you would be happier to resign than stay in the job then follow your head and your heart and go.

I too had said some confidential things to HR about work colleagues in my team which were later repeated to those same colleagues by HR. I felt angry about how HR had behaved - I didn't feel guilty about what I had said about those workers though - it was all true! Maybe your HR service should have been more careful with their records about what you had said. In short - most of the guilt may lie elsewhere and not with you.

I have suffered almost the same fate as you. I have been severely depressed, employer wouldn't recognized it etc etc.

they have a legal obligation under the Equality Act 2010 to make reasonable adjustments, that includes sick pay, absenteeism and performance adjustments to someone who is disabled. As you have stated it has been since 2010 you satisfy that your condition lasts over 12 mths. And i know the severe affects it can have on normal day to day activities.

If they have been aware of your condition and have refused to help you in any way they are in breach of the Equality Act. I would raise a grievance, then send a disability discrimination questionnaire. Then potentially there is an employment tribunal case here as well.

You need to ask yourself what you want, and therefore you can work out how far you need to go to get that.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

• 2 months later...

I can so sympathise with you - HR have been supportive, but its all irrelevant really, like they are doing what they have to do and ticking a box. HR person, who attends my sickness review meetings, was also management support in recent DH against me - she was harsh and cruel and untrue! whereas, i once thought i could talk to her, now I absolutely do not!

i am glad you followed your heart - i wish i had that courage - trouble is, i dont know what to do or where to go or what on earth i want to do - that always helps at least:)

hope you are ok now.

I think you have 2 issues here a) sickness and b) disciplinary.

With sickness, they can let you go if you are unable to fulfil the terms of your contract with reasonable adjustments in place. I usually say "sit tight and keep taking the money" if you are on decent sick pay.

For the confidentiality I would need a little more information to offer advice.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I still have counselling sessions and consultant appointments, but overall i am in a much better place, and that's what i can say to you is that you will get to a better place and overcome what has happened to you.

Poor manager have a tendency to turn on those that no longer suit the business. Or if you become unfavorable to managers above them then and then pressure is put on them to "deal" with you and most poor managers "deal" with the situation by given out warnings. Which is exactly the opposite of what you need! Being spoken down to and being treated poorly is the worst that can happen to someone, especially if they are suffering depression, your self-esteem just takes a further nose dive!

You have a couple of choices. Leave it, which might leave a nagging sensation in the back of your head. But will not give you the stress and anxiety of grievances and possible further action.

Raise a formal grievance over what has been done and said. Which may leave you in a poor light in the managers eyes, and will mean stress and anxiety to you, unless you enjoy making them run around and can deal with the inevitable grief that you will receive.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)