style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help with a PCN query. I made an honest mistake and misread a sign that stated no parking or loading during prescribed hours mon-sat. I was parked on a sunday and thought this was ok as did several others. Upon returning to the car there was a ticket on it and on several others. Upon discussing it with other parkers of the day, we all read the sign the same way and were confused by the issue of the ticket.

My father advised me that the yellow part of the sign, despite being paired with a sign underneath stating mon-sat, means no waiting during the prescribed hours everyday. There is also no contravention code on the ticket only a description and also no colour or make of the car just the reg no.

Is it worth appealling? Been driving 20 years and this is only my 4th ticket so not normally a shirker of these things

Yes, always worth trying an appeal.

Maybe one of the experts on here can say whether a PCN has to have a contravention code as well as description - my hunch is that it does, but I'm not certain. If it does - then that should win you the appeal.

The exact location was Macfarlane Road W122012-04-01 13.41.38.jpg Not sure about the google link as the road layout has changed drastically. It wont let me send the link through as I only have 7 posts and need ten but looking at googe maps for macfarlane road, its the first entrance on the left hfeading north up wood lane and not sure if this will help but looking at the link its right beside the green box inbetween the 1st 2 trees

It's a pretty ordinary sign.The yellow part is about stopping, the white part is additional, and concerns loading. I don't think you would win on the basis of unclear signage - this is Highway Code stuff, and drivers are expected to understand.

That said, you have nothing to lose by trying an appeal.

You quite right I should know - they change so often and like i said passed my test some 20 years ago - dont visit london very often and missed it. I wasnt the only one there were at least 5 other cars that did the same and I followed like lamb to the slaughter!

You quite right I should know - they change so often and like i said passed my test some 20 years ago - dont visit london very often and missed it. I wasnt the only one there were at least 5 other cars that did the same and I followed like lamb to the slaughter!

The yellow no waiting sign has been around as long as yellow lines have so there is really no excuse, you can park on a yellow line with a blue badge or to unload which may explain why there were other cars although there is a popular misconception that single yellow lines don't apply Sundays or after 6.30pm which often catches people out.

Yes, always worth trying an appeal.

Maybe one of the experts on here can say whether a PCN has to have a contravention code as well as description - my hunch is that it does, but I'm not certain. If it does - then that should win you the appeal.

It doesn't need the code - just the description.