style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, here in Ipswich, the local market fruit vendors sell some produce by the "BOWL", it's a pound per bowl. Now there is no indication of the weight you receive, so value is difficult if not impossible to establish. I contacted the local weights and measures at the council, and was told that they had visited local supermarmarkets, and that "a pound per bowl" was good value... I asked under what authority they had allowed themselves to introdeuce a unit of produce that is not lawful..? they went round in circles...

Hi Obiahman, I used to wonder about such things as, how much do you actually get in a punnet? I agree though, these ambiguous measures should be clarified and standardized...It always annoys me in the supermarket too when they show one set apples per 100g but others in per Kg and though you think its easy enough to figure it out, sometimes it just doesn't seem as though it is easy and feel like they do it on purpose to confuse some of us..I always take my calculator now....haha...

I have a funny feeling that this is ok, dont know why but I read somthing about it somewhere, although if the customer thinks there is enough in the bowl for the money cant see a problem.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.