New customer of Link Financial, old MBNA card

oldagehappens
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thread tidied

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybodys thoughts to the question before the uploaded PDF's?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35487[/ATTACH]

My main thought is what is the purpose of the X at the top of sheet 1 next to the bit that says 'credit agreement illegible'? Does it mean, as most people would probably expect, that the alleged agreement which they have accessed is illegible? Or does it mean 'not illegible' - using the logic that X could mean 'yes' or 'no' if they also have the option of using a 'tick' (couldn't find character) to mean 'yes'. However I think this would be a bit too complicated for the Link droids to remember so it probably means the agreement (if any) is illegible, but it might be a good idea to clarify/confirm this with Link.

Just ask the question directly.

Cheers

Rob

oh, ok. I shall make a note on your account that you are failing to co-operate and esculate to the next level..

Someone made a comment like that to me once and I replied ' Can you also make a note on my account that I said I think your a d*ckhead', this threw the called off script and by then I had got bored of the guy and put the phone down.

My main thought is what is the purpose of the X at the top of sheet 1 next to the bit that says 'credit agreement illegible'? Does it mean, as most people would probably expect, that the alleged agreement which they have accessed is illegible? Or does it mean 'not illegible' - using the logic that X could mean 'yes' or 'no' if they also have the option of using a 'tick' (couldn't find character) to mean 'yes'. However I think this would be a bit too complicated for the Link droids to remember so it probably means the agreement (if any) is illegible, but it might be a good idea to clarify/confirm this with Link.

Just ask the question directly.

Cheers

Rob

I thought this too. Okay, so they have sent a copy of the agreement with my signature on "albeit" a photocopy but it's still my signature. It's the T&C's that get me thinking along with the X.

I have the original T&C's and they are NOT the same as the recon versions sent.

I'm not sure on to respond to Link on this one...

Any help would be great.

Pretty please!

There should be the Original Ts & Cs and the ''current or final''

ones, my guess is that you have the final ''updated'' ones.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

There should be the Original Ts & Cs and the ''current or final''

ones, my guess is that you have the final ''updated'' ones.

My first thoughts were MBNA just sent out their current T&C's.... I took this card out back in 2005 so Im guessing they dont have those terms from back then.

I read a post somewhere that Link need to send the original terms along with the CCA request else its void...

Does anyone know if this is true?

No it is wrong, a CCA request is for the agreement

and a statement of the account (up to date).

The agreement would have the Ts & Cs.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

No it is wrong, a CCA request is for the agreement

and a statement of the account (up to date).

The agreement would have the Ts & Cs.

Interesting, there was no statement of account, just the agreement and what I call fake Terms

Challenge the ts&cs with a complaint to the compliance manager.

• 3 weeks later...

all part of the process to spoof you into paying them.

when was YOUR last use of the card in/out?

does this debt show on your cra file?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so link dont own the debt

its still shown as virgin as the owner?

dx

and they

Oh dear oh dear......

Will be sending the CCA request tomorrow JUST 2 DAYS AFTER LETTER ARRIVED!!

Just had a call from Rio at Link, told him I have replied and you will receive the letter within 48 hours. He asked what it said, I replied "You will see in 2 days and please from now on I ask that you only contact me via letter"....

oh, ok. I shall make a note on your account that you are failing to co-operate and esculate to the next level..

It actually made me LOL....

Very funny. Im not sure one could be any more co-operative in truth, replying to theor letter so fast.

So, Link are now calling my parents house which I havent lived at for years and still DO NOT contact me by letter.

Your parents should write to Link Head Office advising that they do not appreciate intimidatory calls for someone who does not live there. That they are "demanding" that their details are removed without delay from Link's database.

Then your parents should make a complaint to the Office of Fair Trading.

MBNA and Link have been publicly shamed in respect of using the telephone as their weapon of choice in debt collecting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13199797

You need to start collecting data - a Subject Access request to MBNA is your first step - it will cost you £10.00. MBNA have 40 calendar days to comply and you entitled to receive all the data they hold in respect of your financial history with them. There is a draft letter in the CAG library, linked at the top of each screen.

In respect of your CCA request you are entitled to receive and the company is obliged to send in order to comply.. a copy of the agreement either the original or reconstructed. Terms and Conditions from both inception and current. A statement of account.

The above is just to satisfy your s78 request.

Whether or not they are compliant sufficiently to start litigation is another matter.

In Harrison v Link, it was judged that the information supplied did NOT comply and Mr Harrison won his case.

Harrison v Link Financial Ltd ALL ER (2011).pdf

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ignore them

can you not pay something to mbna on a regualr basis say £5?

dx

and they

Thanks people. Its strange, when I couldnt make the mimimum payments with Virgin they call me, ran through my income and then said I dint have enough money to pay them so they wouldnt take any. I didnt hear from them for 6 months and then the letter comes saying they have passed on the debt to Link.

Few weeks later the Link letter came asking for the money, followed by the rude calls. Its taken them 45 days to respond to the CCA request with is a recon version. Incorrect terms, photocopy agreement.....

I could go back to MBNA but assume as they have already wrote to me would refer me back to link.

I really dont want to do all this he said she said business.

If i propose to pay Link £5.00 each month will they accept? will in 3 months they start demading higher payments?

Grrrrrr

they nor anyone has any legal right to know you pers financial details!!

MBNA can be a had nut to crack

but

as with ANY creditor

its YOUR money take control.

pers i'd write to them TELLING them they wil only be getting £XX for XXmts

as a GOODWILL gesture in times of financial hardship.

as a reciprocal gesture of goodwill, you require them the freeze all interest & refrain from levying any unlawful PENALTY charges .

which under published guidelines, they should, t help you.

should they fail to help

you will have no alternative than to DROP your payments to £1PCM till you die.

as for paing them

do it via YOUR internet banking site.

never miss a payment once you state you intentions

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Is that it? No Ts & Cs? It's legible alright, but is it enforceable?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Is that it? No Ts & Cs? It's legible alright, but is it enforceable?

There are other parts that I've posted earlier.

They did send T&C's although they were totally different. I questioned them and they have replied advising they've ask for the original ones. As yet I havent received them.

So what happens if they cant provide the original T&C's? Is this enough for them to enforce it?

They should send the original Ts&Cs and any updates and amendments.

As the image is far too small to tell it's difficult to advise on it, as to enforcing

it they have to get a judgement first and there is quite a way to go before that

happens.

• 2 weeks later...
They should send the original Ts&Cs and any updates and amendments.

As the image is far too small to tell it's difficult to advise on it, as to enforcing

it they have to get a judgement first and there is quite a way to go before that

happens.

Sorry, its got two links in there but I have uploaded a PDF which is bigger. Its the first part of the reply.

Link have now responded to me challenging the T&C. They have just resent the original response to the CCA request which again, does not include the the original T&C's.......

Where do I go from here? Go back with a "Account in dispute" until they send the original terms?