First Plus secured loan and Resolvecall

ajs444
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was in arrears with my Firstplus Secured loan and due them around £1332, this was due to being off my work for some 9 months.

I received an arrears letter from FP threatening doorstep visit, I responded with standard DCA rejection letter, anyway totally ignored and had a visit from an overweight person along with an Asian girl from the said Scotcall, told them I had refused the visit and asked them to go away.

After they sat in their 4x4 for some time, obviously phoning up to find out what to do, they disappeared into the horizon, the letter from Resolvecall arriving after the visit, I then e-mailed them with the standard bog-off letter and they responded by telling me account returned to FP.

I had the FOS involved at an early stage over this debt due to telephone harassment 700+ phonecalls, despite sending letter and keeping them up to date with my circumstances, and FOS carried out their enquiry??????

Result:- Not considered as telephone harassment, no maladministration despite some other customer's payment going on my account, and DCA Resolvecall not listed in their approved list of DCA's this was even after quoting their licence number.

As you can see FOS have once again ducked out, anyone know who Resolvecall are regulated by?

By the way all arrears are now paid as was promised some 6 months ago, no doubt Resolvecall will be patting themselves on the back re their success.

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

Resolvecall are part of Scotcall debt collectors I thought. For a relatives debt, I am sure I saw a Resolvecall card that related to Scotcall letter.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Complain to Ofcom re. the misuse of communications network, and advise your phone provider of malicious calls, see what they can do, they normally change your number for free.

127Improper use of public electronic communications network(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or

(b)causes any such message or matter to be so sent.

(2)A person is guilty of an offence if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, he—

(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false,

(b)causes such a message to be sent; or

©persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.

(3)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

(4)Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to anything done in the course of providing a programme service (within the meaning of the Broadcasting Act 1990 (c. 42)).

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/section/127

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

OFCOM & Trading Standards were reported to, does not change FOS point of view, confirmed by FO are part of Scotcall, who are on their list.

I must say FOS are a total waste of time, Barclays seem to be untouchable as far as they are concerned, whole system is corrupt.

BB, I work for my Telecom provider, most numbers changed immediately with a police incident number, normal change under harassment takes 10 - 14 days.

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

I work for my Telecom provider, most numbers changed immediately with a police incident number, normal change under harassment takes 10 - 14 days.

Thank you, good to know. I had an old Post office number for some bizarre reason?? And was inundated with irate Jocks wanting to know where their mail was, BT changed my number pretty much the same day if I remember correctly??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to First Plus secured loan and Resolvecall