Littlewoods Catalogue

Maggiebroom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a phone call from NDR last week and asked me if I had received their Default notice I said No and actually it was them they was in default as they had not replied to my request for a copy of the signed agreement she rang off very quick. I also had a phone called from AIC who are lethal, as soon as she said who it was I said "Sorry I don't discuss financial matters on the phone" hung up. She hasn't rang back. You can also report them aswell.

Hi All

I have been on to the Consumer Direct site through the Office of Fair Trading, and they told me that debt collectors ARE allowed to phone daily to chase up their money but ONLY between the hours of 8.00a.m. to 8.00p.m

Surely this can't be right. Even though I am at the point of doing the N1 form (next week actually) for Littlewoods they are still phoning me daily. Tonight I had a phone call at 8.45p.m..

When I told the woman that she was acting illegally she actually laughed at me. I refused to discuss the matter over the phone and put it down on her. I can tell you I was spitting feathers.:mad:

I have decided that next time I shall tell them that I will go and fetch me, and then leave the phone in another room. Perhaps after waiting on hold for some time they will get the message that I will NOT discuss anyhting with them on the phone.

Even after the letter about harrassment they are still giving me grief.

Can anyone tell my if this is correct? can they really phone every day as they are doing?

maggiebroom

I've read somewhere, don't know where because I've done so much reading lately, but the hours they can phone are 8.00 till 9.00 M-F, Sat 8.1 and I think 9.1 Sunday. I had a call at 3.15 on Sunday from CAPONE I was livid told him he was breaking the law and it was totally unacceptable at 3.15 on a Sunday and he said if you hang up I shall just keep phoning. SoI hung up. I've sent a Harassment by Phone to The Legal Compliance Officer and copied in Nottingham Trading Standards and emailed them on Sunday. I think you can complain to Liverpool Trading Standards as they have ignored your Request and by keep ringing you they are breaking the law.

I knew I read something here it is

23 There was a degree of consistency from respondents that contacting debtors between the hours of 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday would be reasonable. There was greater disparity over what is reasonable in respect of contact made at the weekend and on public/bank holidays etc. There was also greater disparity over what constituted reasonable intervals with opinion ranging from daily, every couple of days to weekly. A number of respondents including Citizens Advice and the Credit Services Association stressed the importance of giving debtors a reasonable time to respond.

2.24 We believe the best way to deal with this issue is to determine on a case by case basis whether the business concerned has acted reasonably. This gives us the discretion to take into account individual circumstances. It also gives debt collectors the ability to accommodate debtors' preferences.

Depsite being at the stage of waiting for a response to my LBA, Littlewoods are still sending me arrears letters threatening to pass me on to a DCA. (Although I think it is their own department as the adress is the same)

I have written telling them that I consider the account to be in dispute, and that I am making a claim against them in the small claims court, but they are insisting on still phoning me every day and sending me letters threatening to pass this on to a DCA for court action.. My own court action against them should go ahead next week, as it is the end of the 14 days LBA period.

What is the position with this situation? I thought they could not pass it over to a DCA if the account was in dispute.

And as for the phone calls, I am just asking them to hold on while I get me, (making out I am not me) and then I put the phone in another room and ignore it. Its working so far, as they don't phone back.

Some advice from someone would be helpful as I am not 100 % sure of what I am doing.

Anyone PLEASE???????

• 3 weeks later...

Guess What

Littlewoods have caved in.

I got a statement this morning expecting another charge added, and lo and behold they have cancelled all the charges and my balance is now 0.00

Funny thing though my credit limit has gone to nil also. :p

perhaps they don't want me to order anything from them anymore.:p

Another company bites the dust.

maggiebroom

Congrats! Are you going to chase them up over your CRA entries too?

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Hi Joise

I thought of going the CCA route, but I am just happy that they have cancelled all the charges they tried to con out of me, and that I don't owe them a penny.

I think I will leave it at that and pass on to the next one I am fighting. (Cap One)

They are already in default with the time limit on my CCA so I hope I can beat them too.

maggiebrom

Totally understand your feelings on the subject and good luck with 'crap 1'. However before littlewoods actually closes your account why not CCA them with 1.00 postal order .........because I'll bet they don't have a legal agreement with you and then you can have any default charge or late payments they've noted on your account cleared up as well........:razz: :razz:

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Hi Josie

All the payments that Littlewoods credited to my account were administration (late payment charges) and care advantage payments. I had already paid the balance on the account back in August 2006. It was after then that I expected a 0.00 balance, and they started adding on all the charges they have just credited to me. It eventually came to £83.50. So now I have a statement with a balance of 0.00 all across the board. I think I will let it die a natural death. I have proof (the statement), I owe them nothing and I have other fish to fry at the moment.

My hubby is having all his disability benefits taken in bank charges, so I am now tackling Barclays on that one.

Thanks for your comments though. This site has given me so much help with things, that I have no more worries about tackling these r*******.

good luck with all your cases if you still have any on the go

maggiebroom:)