MBNA Virgin Credit Card - Interest free for 22 months - interest being addedd

Lilythepink
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a Virgin Card a few months ago. I had a dd set up but when I looked at my Virgin account, the money was showing as being credited, but had not been debited from my current account. So I cancelled the dd on my current account, thinking that it had come out of someone else's account, and I was goiing to contact my bank to see what had happened. Unfortunately for me, Virgin then got the dd returned without payment, but still showing as being paid for me on 4/2. Now I have been charged for late payment, a returned dd, and because I had to take out £60 cash advance. I have now been charged £91.00 in interest, after having made a debit card payment of £70, which I made because of the dd fiasco.....

They are now asking for a payment of £182, which should be only £66.00 I can't afford it, and on an interest free card, how come they can charge this.......:-x

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

Have you checked to see that ALL transactions are interest free. I would think it would have only been for purchases and balance transfers.. not cash withdrawals.

Have a read of the terms and conditions.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have contacted them, so I will wait for response, no doubt they will be charging. I was charged a large amount of £350 for transferring the big balance to the interest free card. I suppose I just just pay up, but I am just fed up with not getting my bills down.... the banks get it back one way or another....

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

rang Virgin Credit Card this morning, they reduced the percentage rate to 1.9% from 18.9%, all because of this dd that went wrong. I said I could only afford £70 a month, and was told that if I could only afford that, why did I spend 6500 on the card, it was a balance transfer with nought per cent interest...... really not nice people....

LilythePink

Perhaps you should write to them at their Head Office address - explain the situation and ask them to reconsider their decision.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Are they part of MBNA ??

Virgin Money - Credit Card

Company Address

Po Box 30

Chester

CH4 9FD

BCOBS

• 3 years later...

I am struggling with MBNA credit card,

I am using it to buy food and gas/electric on the last two weeks of the month.

I have decided that I cannot keep up the payments,

and want to address my problem

and offer them a payment if they freeze the interest.

i cannot find a template letter for this.

LilythePink

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Wrote to MBNA last week, no word back from them, and my account is now in arrears. Any advice?

LilythePink

You need to keep track of what charges they add to your account so you can get them refunded.

How old is this card? Is there any PPI?

A week isn't really sufficient time for them to address your problem, how did you send the letter?

Did you get 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sent POP NO PPI, and I have downloaded all my statements to keep track of things. Should I pay them anything such as a token £1.00

LilythePink

That would be a good idea yes!

What did you say in your letter?

Did you give them a figure you could realistically afford to pay each month?

Set up a standing order NOT a direct debit! And pay them £1 a month until they respond to your letter asking for assistance.

Have you done your own I&E form? For YOUR eyes only!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes, done my own I & E and sent it with any other debts I have. Will set up the SO now.

LilythePink

• dx100uk changed the title to MBNA Virgin Credit Card - Interest free for 22 months - interest being addedd