Durham County Council - Issuing Disabled Drivers with Parking Tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You haven't said which way up the BB was. Photo upwards or expiry date upwards
Expiry date upwards.

The emphasise was on the position of the badge TBH,

K.

Edited by KKorky
Addition Info

Hi I think it should be the case that the full expiry date side of the badge and the clock disk should be on full display and readable from outside the car. I was booked for displaying mine on the drivers visor endangering the warden in having to be in the road to see it.

Appealed and appeal accepted but was advised to use passenger visor and make sure fully viewable.

dpick

CEOs need to be able to read the expiry date and serial number, and the stamp or mark of the issuing authority. If any of these is obscured or partly obscured, or if the ink is faded etc. then they will be judged to be not correctly displaying a valid BB, and liable for a PCN. In addition, there's the clock issue and the numerous ways this can be displayed incorrectly or not at all.

In short, there are umpteen reasons why a PCN might be issued - but rather than blame the CEO or the Council, BB users must take care to use the badge and clock correctly and see that they are legible and valid and in date etc. It's their responsibility, or the responsibility of the driver. Otherwise - it's a PCN for sure.

Update, I have sent an email to DCC appealing the PCN.

One disabled driver in the town the other day (a OAP) received a PCN for not displaying his BB properly. The person who told me was working there at the time the PCN was issued.

He said the BB was on the dash in front of the steering wheel as plain as day for anyone to see, yet the TW said it was not displayed correctly & still gave him a PCN...NO Mention Of the Time Card...!!

So it seems to me that at any cost DCC will have your money, whether Disabled/OAP or not..!!

Since you have had three comments on this thread green_and_mean concerning displaying BB correctly, underlined above, please tell me where exactly it has to be placed before one of them Fatherless TW give you a PCN.?

K.

No mention of time card probably means they did not have one displayed so BB used improperly. If so, TW correct.

Since you have had three comments on this thread green_and_mean concerning displaying BB correctly, underlined above, please tell me where exactly it has to be placed before one of them Fatherless TW give you a PCN.?

K.

You should display the Blue Badge where it can be clearly read through the windscreen of your vehicle. The front of the badge should face upwards, showing the wheelchair symbol or the hologram in the new badge design.

Whenever you park on yellow lines, or in a place with time restrictions, the clock should:

• show the quarter-hour period when you arrived
  • be displayed next to the badge

I've read the PDF File in the link above..good.gif

Included is a picture of a car windscreen, showing the BB in the same place as the Disabled OAP had it in my home town..e30722.gif..just strengthens the theory what getting bantered about.

Still waiting for a reply to my email,

Thanks for your replies,

K.

I've read the PDF File in the link above..good.gif

Included is a picture of a car windscreen, showing the BB in the same place as the Disabled OAP had it in my home town..e30722.gif..just strengthens the theory what getting bantered about.

Still waiting for a reply to my email,

Thanks for your replies,

K.

Oviously having heard from someone who was 'there at the time' you are in a far better position to judge if the badge was correctly displayed than the parking officer who was issuing the ticket!

Oviously having heard from someone who was 'there at the time' you are in a far better position to judge if the badge was correctly displayed than the parking officer who was issuing the ticket!

Do I detect a touch of sarcasm G&M.?

For the record the person there at the time was a brother in law.

K.