Opodo unfair admin fee charge.... or is it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lost my passport in Dec 2011 just when I was supposed to pack my bags the night before my Christmas flight that was booked with Opodo.

Cut a long story short, obviously I couldn`t make it to the flight. That was costing me 170 GBP but the way back was ok so it`s only this 170 pounds I`m worried about. I do know I cannot expect all of it back but had been informed by someone else (an airport customer services person or something), that it`ll be only the taxes part of the money that I actually can get back which won`t be a lot.

I followed it up, but everyone just make note:

IN THE FIRST ROUND OF EXCHANGING EMAILS, OPODO SAID THEY ARE NOT GIVING ANY MONEY BACK BECAUSE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS BLABLABLA BUT WHEN I WROTE BACK AGAIN THAT I KNOW MY RIGHTS THAT THEY HAVE TO GIVE THE TAXES BACK, THEY WROTE ANOTHER EMAIL ADMITTING HAVING TO PAY BACK THE TAXES EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MY FAULT TO MISS THE FLIGHT.

Why I`m writing all this here is because I think they are still trying to take me round the bend and wanting to charge 25 GBP for admin fee for processing my refund request if I wish to go ahead with it, whereas all these taxes that they need to pay me back only come to a total of 48 GBP.

Surely they can`t charge such a hefty fee on a small refund like that, am I right???