IND Court Claim Received

Kasier
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the cag template 31.14 letter as linked includes an extension offer. did you use that letter? if so, well they haven't responded. so, main concentration is to get a defence in on time accordingly.

if you do now try and arrange an extension, and they agree, make sure that they confirm in writing a specific date being up to 28 days which can then be faxed to the court.

personally, if have already offered extension. and nothing has been forthcoming. then wouldn't bother on it atm and just focus on getting a defence in.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when did you send out your 31.14 giving them 7 days? was it the 19th (sunday) as per your post? allowing for service, their time on that is not quite up yet? but, you have to submit a defence in time. so, maybe do then give them a quick call, without prejudice, to see what their response, if any, is to your letter?

Edited by Ford

One thing to note [if by some miracle they agree the extension], you can only agree a 28 day extension. The likes of IND, HFO, BC etc have a habit of stating they agree to extend 28 days to allow for service of docs and 'suggest' that a further 14 days be allowed post service for filing of defence ie; 42 days total........ this has caught a few out before and has left them late filing and open to a default judgment.

Gez

following your defence (court will send them a copy of it) they have 28 days in which to respond to the court either to continue with the claim (then aq etc), or not (discontinue). if they don't respond as such in that time then it will be stayed.

Edited by Ford

Ok here is the update, first i tried calling Robinson Way, they gave me this number 0161 839 7376 which doesn't exist any more, so i called them back and they gave me 0845 670 4455 to ring which happens to be IND?? so now i explain to them that i wanted to get an extension to submit my defence, they told me to ring the court to ask for an extension, so i rang the court and explained to them the what i've been told from IND, and they said i need to arrange an agreement with the claimant for an extension. So i rang IND back telling them what the court told me, so now they had to speak to their supervisor about it, after a lot of waiting and worrying as the deadline was creeping up they finally they called me back after the cut-off for submitting my defence saying they will only extend it another 14days, so accepted and asked for them to send my confirmation in writing.

What a day, now that i have another 14days i want to get my ducks in a row asap this time, there was still no response to the 31.14, what would be my next course of action? Thanks

kaiser

as said, be careful. claimant may not be true to their 'word', and may just apply for judgment.

as was posted, to be sure, needed to get them to fax extension confirmation to you on the day. and then for you to fax it on to court before defence deadline. otherwise, to file a defence.

Edited by Ford

Ok so i've had nothing through from them :( which is a little concerning, also they never responded to the 31.14, assuming the extension is true what can i do next. i'll ring the court and see if they either received the extended or apply for judgement.

Kasier

If this is MCOL check online to see if you are still able to file a defence. Unless anyone else has any suggestions, I would guess you have been royally stitched up...... don't forget these are the muppets that filed without any documentation available. Do you really trust them to ack extension?

Gez