How to remove a lender's continuous payment authority

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes I have. But they said they have no power to intervene and that all payments would be honoured because I clearly have an existing relationship with that company.

I've run out of options. Either the payday company will remove all my money via multiple normal transactions, or the bank will charge me £20 a go for every failed transaction they try. And they said blocking the card would make no difference too.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You MUST start going through the complaints channel with the bank. Please cite the information that I have posted in at the start of this thread. Ensure that the bank are made aware that you will be taking this matter up with the FOS and the OFT. Ensure that you stick to your guns and make it VERY clear that they are flouting FSA guidelines.

Hi Sequenci. Sadly I have done all that and got nowhere. They deny that payday firms use CPA, but in any case, they would honour any payment as I clearly have a relationship with the lender.

So I guess now I do have to take it up with the ombudsman. What a nightmare.

How far up did you go with the bank? If you do decide to call them again make sure you take people's names, positions and the name and position of their direct superior. Ensure that they will be personally named in any complaint. That usually gets them helping all of a sudden. Frustrating situation for sure, I really hope you sort it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had any luck with Natwest? I'm trying to get a new basic account but most places are saying no. TSB+Nationwide+BOS+Halifax+Barclays are all part of my DRO from a few years ago in one form or another. I have one with Metro but they don't do DD or S/Os - crap really. Have sent off for Santandar so waiting for the result (forgot to sent in my prvious addresses :( )

Could you also try The Co-operative Bank? (can open there Cashminder a/c on the phone if not got a local Co-op bank near you and you'll still got online banking for DD and SO) other then that if Santander doesn't come of maybe try a credit union - some may offer an debit card account you can run via Post Office just till you can get on your feet, all does depend on particular union but really worth checking out your credit union as another source

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

ADDRESSES have no impact credit rating is on the individual not the address.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

That will explain it most will look for three years stable residence, try

the Post Office account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

can you set up DDs & S/O with a post office account?

yes I believe so.

so applied online for an RBS account, tried to do the whole thing online but in the end it asked me to take my passport into my local branch, asked them to transfer all my DDs over, unfortunatley too late to get my wages changed.

The financial institutions are more cautious these days.

I hope they dont decide to close my account like Nationwide did!

Right so my wages go in on 28th March and the PDLs get paid that day, I shall be cancelling my card tomorrow and transfering my money out ASAP. Unfrortunatly I'm at work 8am-8:30pm with no access to my bank account all that time that date so I hope my wages are in before I need to go to work (6:15am)

Edited by 2009dg

Wages usually go in between 12.30 - 4 am.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They go out whenever they take them out. It's completely up to them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi all,

well, after waiting several weeks for my partners complaint to be processed by the Halifax I have had a response which beggars belief. The Halifax have rejected my complaint and do not agree that they should stop a CPA from a PDL upon request. The next step is the FOS.

Below are a couple paragraphs from the rejection letter that the Halifax sent and which basically says it all really.

If you entered a contract with a company to borrow money which you have then spent, we would not have charge back rights. If we made credit to your account and returned the payment to the company, they would refer to contract to show their action was authorised. We would not be able to recover your money and we would debit any amount we'd credited to your account.

If you borrowed money and authorised a company to collect payments using your bank card, we are unable block or return the transaction. To take matters forward you would need to contact the company and explain your current financial situation to see if they will agree a payment plan with you. We do not beleive the FSA regulations you refer to apply to this siuation.

Edited by tomtom013

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks