Company Parking Charge Notice from Car Parking Partnership

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody, I have been reading through all the stickys and posts on here for a few days now but have just given myslef a bit of a headache!

I Recently bought a small delivery company with my dad and we employ several part time drivers.

Whilst I was on holiday one of the drivers on a Monday round got a PCN at one of the homes we deliver to. I am genuinly unable to find out who the driver was as there are 3 drivers in that area and none have admited to it.

The PCN is issued from The Car parking partnership.

I had appealed the notice as it was addressed to me as the registered keep of the van.

I sent an appeal stating I did not know who the driver was, that we are a delivery company and were parked in a visitors bay at the residential home where we were delivering,

We were issued the ticket because there was not a scratch card in the window. The drivers have all advised me that the man we deliver to has dementia and its next to imposible to get any sense out of him let alone a scratch card!

The appeal was rejected.

Should I just ignore it from now on? Would I get a summons to court before they start sending bailifs etc?

I would happily go to court to contest the amount of the charge (£120) as a scratch card is only around £1 and we were only parked in a visitors bay on the basis we were only stopping there to drop off a delivery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I assume we may get several of these tickets as we opperate in and around lo0ndon and i would really like to know exactly where we stand.

Thanks in advance

Ryan

I am assuming from your post (Car Parking Partnership, Visitors Bay on private land) that this is a private ticket. I am assuming in your case that PCN doesn't stand for Penalty Charge Notice (the correct definition) but something similar like Parking Charge Notice, and makes no mention of any legislation like the road traffic act, etc.? Therefore you should just ignore it, and break off any correspondence with them forthwith. Unless they sue the dirver for their actual losses only (zero, by the sounds of it) then they are powerless to do anything else. They certainly cannot sue you. By the way, its only the private tickets you can ignore, council or police ones DO NOT IGNORE!!!

Was this on a private estate? It doesn't sound like a Council PCN since CPP usually manage hospital car parks etc.

At the top does it refer to the Raod Traffic or Traffic Management Acts if not it's a private ticket and you can ignore it.

However there is a lesson here and that is that you should keep a log of who is driving which vehicle. If this had been a Council PCN, regardlesss of the fact that you did't know who was driving, as RK you would be responsible for the penalty

Thanks Very much

Im pretty sure it is private, I have never actually been there (Im too young to drive the vans!)

But from the sounds of the ticket It actually calls it a Civil Parking Notice. I was abreviating to PCN incorectly.

We do have a Drivers log, but on the monday the drivers interchange a lot of their deliveries, so it can often be incorect.

From the posts I can deffinatly tell I shouldn't Ignore official tickets. I would assume official tickets would be issued more fairly, This ticket seemed so unfair in proportion to what we had done (which was stop the van for 5 minutes to carry out delivery of food to an old man!)

I am assuming I will be getting letters from them demanding payment etc, Is there any point where you have to pay? The threat of bailiffs etc seems quite daunting, and I worry if I ignore it I may end up having to pay a lot more?

Would I get a chance to appeal in court before that happened?

Thanks again

Ryan

It's a private one then. You can ignore it. Expect a succession of letters designed to worry you. Eventually they will stop.

I am surprised you can't identify the driver though. Maybe as suggested, you should implement a system, in case something more serious happens some day, eg someone claims to have been hit, or you get a speeding ticket etc.

We do have a Drivers log, but on the monday the drivers interchange a lot of their deliveries, so it can often be incorect.

So are you saying that you also don't know which driver delivered to that address on that day?

From the posts I can deffinatly tell I shouldn't Ignore official tickets.Correct

I would assume official tickets would be issued more fairly, Never assume!!

I am assuming I will be getting letters from them demanding payment etc, Yes, ignore them all

Is there any point where you have to pay? Yes, if they issue a court claim, and you lost,. CPP don't do court so that won't happen

The threat of bailiffs etc seems quite daunting, and I worry if I ignore it I may end up having to pay a lot more? No bailiffs will be involved, unless having lost you then stll didn't pay

Would I get a chance to appeal in court before that happened?

In theory yes, but in practice no because CPP will not issue acourt claim, despite what their threateningletters might say

Scroll down here to see example sof CPP letters:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2214803

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

My daughter in my car has just had a notice from CPC in a nice sticky thing "IT IS AN OFFENCE FOR ANY PERSON OTHER THAN THE DRIVER TO REMOVE THIS NOTICE" demanding £35/70. She was working on said premises at minimum wage so this would be one to two days pay which seems disproportionate.

Having experienced a similar Civil Parking Notice from Parking Eye I shall ignore this notice but it is quite immoral that my daughter was in tears as a consequence of trying to work; do these bast*rds have no shame?

love

vic

Edited by victoria_siempre

Hi

just a thought have you tried writing to the Residential Home Manager requesting clarification as to where your delivery vehicles can park when making deliveries to the Home. If a permit or other is required could they please forward the information as to where to get permits or other.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 1 month later...

Hi

I received a ticket from Car Parking Partnership. I'd paid and displayed to park, but not displayed a parking permit (despite having valid and acceptable reasons for being there). I've now been verbally warned by someone representing the owner of the land that they (i.e. CPP) may well use the Small Claims Court to ensure that I pay up.

I've not heard the Small Claims Court mentioned in relation to parking issues before.

Is this likely?

Hi Gilbern

Do not acknowledge (any alleged contract would be with the driver at the time; and who would know who that was?)

Do not appeal or make any contact.

Ignore everything and they go away.

Were they to pursue a claim in the small claims court they have a problem in proving a contractual relationship with an unknown driver and a problem establishing a material loss (given that you paid for a ticket).

Hope this helps

love

vic