House of Fraser - mobile phone damaged due to poor housekeeping

orangarnold
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is my first posting on here so apologies if there is a similar post somewhere else.

I need some help and haven't a clue as to my next step.

I was in the Manchester Deansgate branch of House of Fraser on Wednesday and used the loos, this was around 1815, not sure if noting the time is relevant but it may be, as I went to wash my hands I put my phone by the side of the sink (without going into too much detail my phone fell out of my pocket), as I did this I realised the whole area was swimming in water, I'm not talking about a few splashes, it was a significant amount of water, so picked my phone straight up. The whole phone was waterlogged, even under the screen, there was that much water. My phone is now still waterlogged to the point I've gone out to buy a replacement as I know it's dead.

I went to speak to the manager, they were as clueless as me, but took note of my email and said they would get back in touch with me the next day to see what can be done from there.

I heard nothing, until today when I received an email with a letter attached this is the lettter:

Dear Amanda

Further to your visit to our store earlier this week, I am sorry to hear about the problem that developed with your mobile phone.

Unfortunately there is little we can do to rectify this situation. Our toilet facilities are regularly checked and cleaned and I understand that the amount of water near the wash basins at the time was no more than the splashes you would expect due to normal use. That point aside, we also cannot be held responsible for where you chose to place your phone as it is not unreasonable to expect water to be on the surfaces adjacent to wash basins.

I realise you will be disappointed, but unfortunately we are unable to take the matter any further on this occasion.

Yours sincerely

Jon Shorrock

Firstly my name isn't Amanda, it's Hannah. Secondly, not even a goodwill apology.

Do I have a leg to stand on to push for a goodwill settlement?

Needless to say in the mean time, HoF have lost my custom. I'm 24 and I live in Hull where the main department store is HoF, so that is a considerable amount of custom lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

When you spoke to the Manager, did you not insist they return to the washrooms to see the water ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Then I think you need to respond to Jon Shorrock, pointing out that his assessment of the situation is incorrect and has he spoken to the Manager who agrees with your side of things.

If nothing else it will stir things up a bit :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Orange

Welcome to CAG

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint , mark it as such. Explain whats happened, (he can't even get your name right - make sure you mention this, sounds like a cover up, do you think there was enough water to cause a potential Health & Safety Issue if the water had spilled onto the floor?).

how they have let you down and what you want them to do. Also point out that you, your family and friends spend lots of money there.

Send it to :

John King, Chief Executive

[email protected]

Some Tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Let us know how you get on.

• Haha 1