Car Parking Enforcement Company Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me? I was issued with a Parking Charge Notice on Wednesday for unauthorised parking in a private car park. The ticket asks me to pay £60.00 within 7 days or the debt with be referred to a debt collection agency after 14 days....please can anyone tell me if this is legal?!

I have checked the BPA website which tells me that the company are registered with them to issue tickets, and to clamp but not registered re using debt collection agencies or ANPR (however the signs in the car park do state there is CCTV in operation)

I want to ignore the ticket but obviously I am worried about a bailiff turning up at my door!

The company details are: Car Parking Enforcement Company LTD, 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX.

Hello there and welcome to CAG.

If the ticket isn't from the council or the police, you don't have anything to worry about. Apart from a trail of threatograms trying to part you from your hard-earned cash. They don't use bailiffs.

I hope the guys will be along later to confirm what I'm saying.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Don't confuse bailiffs with Debt Collectors. Debt collectors are powerless and can simply ask politely for the money. On receiving a 'no' response that's it. Bailiffs can only get involved if you get taken to court, lose, and then still refuse to pay up. You've more chance of winning the lottery.

Hey

Thanks for your responses....the ticket states they will use debt collection agencies but I think that would cost them more money than they would get back. I have just read the ticket properly and there are actually spelling mistakes on the ticket!!

You will not get a Bailiff turning up (in that capacity) until there has been a County Court Judgement that has not been paid.

What you will certainly get is a series of threat-0-grams suggesting (note the word 'may' not 'will') everything up to a public hanging. Some will even be truely terrifying with LARGE PRINT and even scarey red ink.

Dont contact them or tell them who the driver was. There is no legal obligation to provide this except to Police and Local Councils.

They can only take action against the Driver (if they know who that was) and only for their actual loss (damage) caused by the car being there.

Read around this Forum.

IGNORE - it's a Speculative Invoice dressed up to look official and frignten you into innocently donating money to them.

ignore!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have just recieved a ticket from the same company myself tonight. I can not find any official website and their payment page is a company called World Pay which I do not want to put my details into.

Is this a [problem]. Has anyone had experience with this company?

as this thread says

ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello there and welcome to CAG.

This isn't meant to sound flippant :), but most of the posts on the thread are aimed at getting the OP not to pay.

If your ticket isn't from the council or the police, you have nothing to worry about.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have just recieved a ticket from the same company myself tonight. I can not find any official website and their payment page is a company called World Pay which I do not want to put my details into.

Is this a [problem]. Has anyone had experience with this company?

Why are you trying to pay? Simply ignore it!