Parked on the Pavement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hullo all

I parked completely on the pavement outside my flat overnight. I know this is potentially an obstruction but the pavement is very wide at that point and allows pedestrians to pass very easily.

Anyway, I got a parking ticket the following morning (At 6 o'clock!!) the offence being: 24 Not parked correctly within the markings of the bay or space.

Well as I was not parked in a bay at all but on the pavement I was not in any bay at all so is this the right offence? If not have I grounds for a challenge or is the prevailing opinion that I am an inconsiderate naughty boy and should just pay up.

Thanks for looking.

Well as I was not parked in a bay at all but on the pavement I was not in any bay at all so is this the right offence? If not have I grounds for a challenge or is the prevailing opinion that I am an inconsiderate naughty boy and should just pay up.

The two are not mutually exclusive!

If there are bays on the road, then I think it is the right contravention code. If there aren't, I think you can appeal, or if the bays aren't next to where the car was, there could be some "wriggle room".

Thankyou jamberson: The bays are right next to the pavement.

Thankyou Surfer01: It is definitely a council parking ticket. Hard to beleive some cretin is walking around at 0600 in the morning. The local rules are cars are only time restricted in the bays between 0900 and 1700. Hard to understand why any council parking warden was around before 0900!!