Can Bayliffs take things just on the councils say so

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a disputed Invoice for rent of a hall with the Local Authority, they do not have a judgment against me but they have instructed Bayliffs is this legal surely they have to go through the courts to get a Judgement before they can instruct Bayliffs

can you give more details? but on info given they can instruct bailiffs to recover money like a DCA however the bailiff has as much authority as DCA i.e None unless there is court order

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

I Hired a hall for a number of years and when we left there were two outstanding invoices but allso a credit due which had not been raised. This was pointed out and nothing heard for a year then they telephoned and wanted the money I said I didnt owe it and the next thing is we get a letter from the bayliffs

They will have raised a Sundry Debt Invoice and I suspect they have employed someone like Rossendales Collect who are only Debt Collectors who can be ignored. However please be aware that the Council may indeed apply for CCJ against you but there again they have to win the case.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Phillips (or should that now be Serco) also have a Debt Collection arm. They have no rights, you don't have to talk to them, if they come to your door you are entitled to tell them to Foxtrot Oscar, if they persisit in knocking or ringing the bell report them to the Police for Harrasment & Breach of the Peace. There's a letter in the Library for doorstep visits http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]