• Tweets

• What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Chris, thanks for those pointers. I have received a letter today from MINT which says -

'In terms of CCA copy document regulations, the 'true' copy requirement can be satisfied by providing a copy agreement at the date the card agreement was made and providing a copy of the current terms of the card agreement.'

Surely this is not sufficient. I seem to have read this in previous posts but I would be grateful if you would confirm that it is indeed the case.

Thanks in anticipation.

They seem to be playing games with you, IMHO.

They have complied with your request for documentation with what they have supplied.

The next step is to send them a letter simply saying;

"Please confirm that you have, in your possession, a credit agreement that is in all ways fully compliant with the Consumer Credit At 1974, as amended, and the subsequent regulations made there under.

For the avoidance of doubt, if you are in possession of such a document, but are unable to supply me with a true copy of it, please outline your reasons why you feel you are unable to supply it to me in your reply.

Yours faithfully"

If they have it, they have to say they have it. If they don't have it, but say they do, or they don't have it, we'll deal with that when they reply - at which point you'd be well advised to start a new thread of your own. There's some guidance in my signature if you're unsure how.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just say I am been taken to Court and the Claimant could not find the DN notice.

Would it be possible to Counterclaim for damages for putting a default on my Credit file. Also is this done on an application notice to the Court

HAK

No.

Missing Default Notice = unlawful enforcement = Court should dismiss the claim.

If the DN is missing, what is to stop them reissuing another, then continuing with the claim, for example?

What you need is an unenforceable agreement, which, according to the ICO, throws doubt on the validity of the CRA data shared.

Unenforceable agreement = inaccurate CRA data = removal (oh and you also avoid enforcement!)

If the DN is missing, what is to stop them reissuing another, then continuing with the claim, for example?

Good point that Car but what about the 3 years the old ones been on my credit file stopping me from getting credit.

Good point that Car but what about the 3 years the old ones been on my credit file stopping me from getting credit.

Well, it isn't the Default Notice that is stopping you getting credit, it's the account in default that is. The payment history is in default, even without a Default Notice, which is what lenders look for.

The issue is enforceability of the agreement, HAK - if it's irrevocably unenforceable under s.127(3) you can have the Default removed and seek recovery of damages. If it isn't, you'd really struggle, IMHO. (By the way, I don't think recovery of damages is possible - I certainly have never been awarded any, despite putting the arguments forward, as the Judges have seen write down of the OS balance as "enough benefit", rather than awarding damages)

Cheers Chris

Should be OK as agreement has no perscribed terms. Just wanted something else to p**s them off with:D

HAK

So, would one have to issue proceedings against the creditor to have the 'agreement' (or lack of it) deemed unenforceable in order to have the CRA's remove the damaging data?

Damn, and that's just what I was about to ask. :grin:

Also which is the best vehicle, small claims or part 8. And which clause 142(1) or 127(3).

Note 142(1) states “the court may if it thinks....” whereas 127(3) states “The court shall not......”

SB and basa, the link below will take you to the thread of a CAGer who did just that. All the information you need to take the company to court is in her thread. YOu will not be able to post and ask questions as the thread is now closed. So if you need help, then ask the questions on your threads.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/115280-useful-information.html

HTH

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well everybody thank you so much for your help up to now, just a very quick question is the following an agreement or an application?

[ATTACH]7287[/ATTACH]

All comments appreciated.

It doesn't look like an enforceable agreement to me but was there anything on the back of this?

There certainly doesn't seem to be anything on the 'front' of it to suggest there's anything on the 'back' although I bet that's what they'll try to imply.

What's everyone's thoughts on the cancellation box- I'm sure this can't be sufficient; they could easily wait until after the 'short time to cancel' before they send the information required to cancel- if thy send it at all. I suspect they'd have a hard time proving you'd have everything you'd require if you wish to cancel.

Whether this is any good in a legal argument I have no idea though.

So, would one have to issue proceedings against the creditor to have the 'agreement' (or lack of it) deemed unenforceable in order to have the CRA's remove the damaging data?

Probably, for the reasons I mentioned here some time ago;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/111211-defaults-background-removal-methods.html

Basically, in the past, the ICO hasn't considered agreements unenforceable under s.127(3) as sufficient grounds to remove CRA data - that seemed to change at one point, (as shown on the thread linked here) but I haven't seen any follow up. (Mainly because I don't believe in using the ICO, so don't recommend that as the way to go)

Going to Court seems to be more consistent in achieving CRA data removal. Just check my threads, if you need proof of that...

Damn, and that's just what I was about to ask. :grin:

Also which is the best vehicle, small claims or part 8. And which clause 142(1) or 127(3).

Note 142(1) states “the court may if it thinks....” whereas 127(3) states “The court shall not......”

Which procedure depends on whether you're seeking damangs - if you are, it's Part 7 (where allocation to track will depend on the amount being claimed) and if not, it's the Part 8 procedure.

In effect, you are applying to the Court for an order declaring the parties rights (outlining the unenforceability of the agreement against the debtor) under s.142(1), based on s.127(3).

If the debt wasn't irrevocably unenforceable under s.127(3), making an application under s.142(1) would be suicide, as the Court would allow enforcement under s.127(1)(i) if the agreement is signed by the debtor and therefore not in the remit of s.127(3). So, the use of s.142(1) should only be considered where a CCA request has been made and the agreement sent falls in to s. 127(3) - meaning applications like this shouldn't be entered in to lightly.

Well, it isn't the Default Notice that is stopping you getting credit, it's the account in default that is. The payment history is in default, even without a Default Notice, which is what lenders look for.

The issue is enforceability of the agreement, HAK - if it's irrevocably unenforceable under s.127(3) you can have the Default removed and seek recovery of damages. If it isn't, you'd really struggle, IMHO. (By the way, I don't think recovery of damages is possible - I certainly have never been awarded any, despite putting the arguments forward, as the Judges have seen write down of the OS balance as "enough benefit", rather than awarding damages)

I'm struggling to understand how these two things are separate. All the letters I have received have threatened me with a Default Notice, and if I don't remedy then they will place a default marker on my credit file.

If they are not one and the same, what is the difference, and why do we all get stressed about getting the DN declared unlawful etc in order to remove the default markers, if the markers are a separate entity and will be placed with or without a Default Notice being served?

I'm very confused:confused: Could you possibly try and explain it for me in very simple terms please (think Homer simple here - I've not been getting much sleep lately and I'm not processing stuff with any great speed or dexterity at the moment.)

Lexis:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Which procedure depends on whether you're seeking damangs - if you are, it's Part 7 (where allocation to track will depend on the amount being claimed) and if not, it's the Part 8 procedure.

In effect, you are applying to the Court for an order declaring the parties rights (outlining the unenforceability of the agreement against the debtor) under s.142(1), based on s.127(3).

If the debt wasn't irrevocably unenforceable under s.127(3), making an application under s.142(1) would be suicide, as the Court would allow enforcement under s.127(1)(i) if the agreement is signed by the debtor and therefore not in the remit of s.127(3). So, the use of s.142(1) should only be considered where a CCA request has been made and the agreement sent falls in to s. 127(3) - meaning applications like this shouldn't be entered in to lightly.

I'm utterly (well nearly :wink: ) convinced my 2002 Egg Card agreement is legally unenforceable. Whether a judge would agree is the risk element here. So your answer is just what I was looking for. I didn't grasp that 142(1) could be based on 127(3).

Can I include a request to the courts to rectify my credit file (s14 DPA) in the same application?

Then there is the question of Egg's unlawful? recission of contract letter (otherwise known as the 'termination' letter).

I'm struggling to understand how these two things are separate. All the letters I have received have threatened me with a Default Notice, and if I don't remedy then they will place a default marker on my credit file.

If they are not one and the same, what is the difference, and why do we all get stressed about getting the DN declared unlawful etc in order to remove the default markers, if the markers are a separate entity and will be placed with or without a Default Notice being served?

I'm very confused:confused: Could you possibly try and explain it for me in very simple terms please (think Homer simple here - I've not been getting much sleep lately and I'm not processing stuff with any great speed or dexterity at the moment.)

It is difficult to get your head around, Lexis. The easiest way would be with an example;

Say I want to enter in to an agreement with you (CCA regulated, but we'll take that for granted in this example) as a debtor wanting to purchase a BMW (other makes of car are available) using a personal loan and I agree to pay you £100 a month for 48 months. The agreement then (forget prescribed terms - for now) exists between debtor/creditor to pay £100 per month for 48 months.

If I miss a payment, you record this against my credit file as a missed monthly payment - "1" in arrears on my CRA file.

If I make the next monthly payment on time, but don't make up the arrears, you record that too - "1" in arrears for 2 months. (This shows up as "1100000..." on my CRA file.

I now apply for a contract mobile phone with O2. (Other networks are available) They decline me, because of my poor payment record with you - note, at this point, you haven't "Defaulted" me on my CRA file - yet!

Lets say I do that again next month. At this point, you send me a Default Notice, if I don't clear arrears in 14 days, you'll terminate the agreement and seek recovery of the full outstanding balance. (It's a personal loan, not a HP agreement, for the sake of having an easy to understand example)

I don't clear the arrears in time, so you terminate and start Court proceedings to claim the balance, after recording a Default on my CRA file. I defend and you can't supply an agreement that is properly executed;

Here, 1 of 2 things can happen;

A) Agreement irrevocably unenforceable; (s.127(3) applies)

At this point, I can challenge the Default entry recorded, as you haven't complied with the CCA in entering the agreement. The Court will likely rule in my favour, if you don't have a signed agreement. The debt is ruled unenforceable and you write off my remaining balance. As the debt is irrevocably unenforceable (s.127(3) applies) you are also ordered to remove the CRA Default and payment history record - I have never been under an obligation to repay you since entering the agreement.

B) Agreement improperly executed, but has my signature; (s.127(1)(i) applies)

At this point, I can challenge the Default entry recorded, as you haven't complied with the CCA in entering the agreement. The Court will likely rule in your favour, if you do have a signed agreement. The debt is ruled enforceable I get a CCJ, which I have to repay to you.

Conclusion;

In both situations, I have been negatively effected by negative payment history (default payment history) plus having a Default (a Default entry once the agreement is terminated) entry on my CRA file.

If I didn't know I needed to challenge the payment history under the DPA in situation A, it's likely the Court will still reach it's conclusion, but the negative data (payment history) wouldn't be challenged - I still couldn't get a contract with O2, as a result, despite the Default being removed!

The difference is that default (note the lowercase "d") payment history represents the actual payment history of the account, but a Default (note the uppercase "D") entry may have a more severe effect on my credit score. The process of recording of default payment history is different to the process needed for Defaulting an agreement under the CCA - even though default payments usually result in Defaults being recorded.

HTH? ;)

• Haha 1

I'm utterly (well nearly :wink: ) convinced my 2002 Egg Card agreement is legally unenforceable.

That seems likely, in my experience.

Whether a judge would agree is the risk element here.

Well, this is sort of my point - it isn't open to interpretation if s.127(3) applies. (Albeit you may get a numpty Judge and find yourself seeking grounds to appeal because he gets it wrong!)

Can I include a request to the courts to rectify my credit file (s14 DPA) in the same application?

Absolutely.

Then there is the question of Egg's unlawful? recission of contract letter (otherwise known as the 'termination' letter).

Yes, that is another question... I won't cover that here, though, as it may confuse others even more... :wink:

• Haha 2

You're a star:)

I get it I think (with a little 'woohoo' sounding in my head:D).

The default on the credit file doesn't mean a Default, it just means a dodgy payment history (1,2,3,4 etc showing on record). At the point they issue a Default Notice and I don't remedy it, they can now enter that bit fat 'D' on my record, however they can't do this bit if they haven't sent the DN.

So, they can default (mark the arrears) on an account as soon as you miss or are late with a payment, but they can't Default it (mark it as 'D') until they send you a notice that you don't remedy.

In this scenario then, when, as I have had on at least one account that I can see, they enter a 'D' some weeks before selling on an account and issuing me with a Default on my file, they have been a tad naughty.

Is that about right?

It is difficult to get your head around, Lexis. The easiest way would be with an example;

Say I want to enter in to an agreement with you (CCA regulated, but we'll take that for granted in this example) as a debtor wanting to purchase a BMW (other makes of car are available) using a personal loan and I agree to pay you £100 a month for 48 months. The agreement then (forget prescribed terms - for now) exists between debtor/creditor to pay £100 per month for 48 months.

If I miss a payment, you record this against my credit file as a missed monthly payment - "1" in arrears on my CRA file.

If I make the next monthly payment on time, but don't make up the arrears, you record that too - "1" in arrears for 2 months. (This shows up as "1100000..." on my CRA file.

I now apply for a contract mobile phone with O2. (Other networks are available) They decline me, because of my poor payment record with you - note, at this point, you haven't "Defaulted" me on my CRA file - yet!

Lets say I do that again next month. At this point, you send me a Default Notice, if I don't clear arrears in 14 days, you'll terminate the agreement and seek recovery of the full outstanding balance. (It's a personal loan, not a HP agreement, for the sake of having an easy to understand example)

I don't clear the arrears in time, so you terminate and start Court proceedings to claim the balance, after recording a Default on my CRA file. I defend and you can't supply an agreement that is properly executed;

Here, 1 of 2 things can happen;

A) Agreement irrevocably unenforceable; (s.127(3) applies)

At this point, I can challenge the Default entry recorded, as you haven't complied with the CCA in entering the agreement. The Court will likely rule in my favour, if you don't have a signed agreement. The debt is ruled unenforceable and you write off my remaining balance. As the debt is irrevocably unenforceable (s.127(3) applies) you are also ordered to remove the CRA Default and payment history record - I have never been under an obligation to repay you since entering the agreement.

B) Agreement improperly executed, but has my signature; (s.127(1)(i) applies)

At this point, I can challenge the Default entry recorded, as you haven't complied with the CCA in entering the agreement. The Court will likely rule in your favour, if you do have a signed agreement. The debt is ruled enforceable I get a CCJ, which I have to repay to you.

Conclusion;

In both situations, I have been negatively effected by negative payment history (default payment history) plus having a Default (a Default entry once the agreement is terminated) entry on my CRA file.

If I didn't know I needed to challenge the payment history under the DPA in situation A, it's likely the Court will still reach it's conclusion, but the negative data (payment history) wouldn't be challenged - I still couldn't get a contract with O2, as a result, despite the Default being removed!

The difference is that default (note the lowercase "d") payment history represents the actual payment history of the account, but a Default (note the uppercase "D") entry may have a more severe effect on my credit score. The process of recording of default payment history is different to the process needed for Defaulting an agreement under the CCA - even though default payments usually result in Defaults being recorded.

HTH? ;)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Hello

I am a newbie poster so please forgive my ignorance but can anyone point me to a dummies guide to the CCA stuff as I have been looking through the threads but getting pretty confused now.

Where do I start, what should I look for that would make a CCA unenforcable- sorry I know this is very basic but I can't seem to find the an explanation about unenforcable CCAs

I am trying to negotiate a reduced payment plan re an Alliance and Leceister credit card but am finding them to be really unhelpful and in fact pretty rude.

I have already sent a complaint via the Financial Ombudsman because of the grief their DCA AEGIS is giving me.

Many thanks for any advise

D :rolleyes:

You're a star:)

I get it I think (with a little 'woohoo' sounding in my head:D).

The default on the credit file doesn't mean a Default, it just means a dodgy payment history (1,2,3,4 etc showing on record). At the point they issue a Default Notice and I don't remedy it, they can now enter that bit fat 'D' on my record, however they can't do this bit if they haven't sent the DN.

So, they can default (mark the arrears) on an account as soon as you miss or are late with a payment, but they can't Default it (mark it as 'D') until they send you a notice that you don't remedy.

In this scenario then, when, as I have had on at least one account that I can see, they enter a 'D' some weeks before selling on an account and issuing me with a Default on my file, they have been a tad naughty.

Is that about right?

By George, he's got it!!!

(Just as well, as I sort of lost my train of thought in that last post and was wondering if it makes sense?! Seems it does!!)

;):D

Hello

I am a newbie poster so please forgive my ignorance but can anyone point me to a dummies guide to the CCA stuff as I have been looking through the threads but getting pretty confused now.

Where do I start, what should I look for that would make a CCA unenforcable- sorry I know this is very basic but I can't seem to find the an explanation about unenforcable CCAs

I am trying to negotiate a reduced payment plan re an Alliance and Leceister credit card but am finding them to be really unhelpful and in fact pretty rude.

I have already sent a complaint via the Financial Ombudsman because of the grief their DCA AEGIS is giving me.

Many thanks for any advise

D :rolleyes:

Hi D, welcome to the mad house.

Yes, this thread is a monster... I haven't even read ALL of it, so don't worry.

The first 10 posts are so are all you need really.

I wouldn't worry about what is/isn't an enforceable agreement, as there's plenty of "friends" around to help you out.

The best thing is to send the CCA request letter - you'll find this in the library in the forums - then start a thread for each response and any follow up you get. There's some important links and guides in my signature that will get you started, but don't be afraid to come back and ask questions if you get stuck.

viscount stair and sb100

thanks for your reply - no nothing on the back - I remember filling this in as the application form - it was back in 1984 and dont recall signing anything else.

should i now go back with an 'unenforceable' letter????

viscount stair and sb100

thanks for your reply - no nothing on the back - I remember filling this in as the application form - it was back in 1984 and dont recall signing anything else.

should i now go back with an 'unenforceable' letter????

Are you sure about the 1984 date?

It is crucial to this!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks