Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ncf355, I thought the text in the middle of the first schedule breached the no interspersing rule. I based this on the OFT guidelines I linked to earlier. This says financial and related particulars must be shown together as a whole and not interspersed with any other information(page 8).

A CCA request means that they have to send you a copy of the agreement

any terms and conditions

They should have also sent you a statement of account

There should be a section on default charges etc. these are not on the doc so these would probably be on the t&c

until these conditions are met they have not complied with your request.

and I would certainley tell them as much

might give you a few days more grace to try and find an answer to this

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

maybe something like this........

edit it to your own case

-----------------------

I refer to my letters dated XXXXXXXX which was delivered via recorded delivery to your offices on XXXXXXXX, and my follow up letter dated XXXXXXXX.

In my letter xxxxxxI made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above numbered XXXXXXXX account under section 77(1) and section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act. In addition a statement of my account should have been sent along with any other document mentioned in the credit agreement.

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, Your company commit an offence. These time limits expired on XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX respectively.

As you are no doubt aware subsection (6) states:

If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Therefore as at XXXXXXXX this account became unenforceable at law and it is now my intention to refer this matter to the enforcement authorities.

Any default notices or adverse comments your company have recorded on my credit reference file should be immediately removed.

Failure to respond favourably to this letter within seven (7) days of receipt will result in immediate litigation being commenced against your company without further notice.

I await your rapid response.

---------------------

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

I dont know at what stage you are upto.....or ifthey have breached the 30 day limit, so you def need to edit it

or prehaps someone can suggest something else ?

Dave

how does this sound??

I refer to my letters dated 05/04/07 which was delivered via recorded delivery to your offices on 08/04/07.

In my letter 05/04/07 I made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above numbered xxxxxxx account under section 77(1) and section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act. In addition a statement of my account and terms and conditions should have been sent along with any other document mentioned in the credit agreement.

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, Your company commit an offence. These time limits expired on 19/04/07 and 19/05/07 respectively.

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

Any enforcement action that you undertake while not complying with my request is unenforceable and may even be an offence.

Any default notices or adverse comments your company have recorded on my credit reference file should be immediately removed.

I left mine until after the date of offence. Can you perhaps just write to them a more general letter and hit them with Dave's after the 19th May? You know the sort of thing

- your reply wasn't a response to what I asked.

- the wording of S77 says.....(I cut and paste it from a copy of the Act - I didn't want them to think I was bluffing) you seem to have not fully complied and I am drawing this to your attention (don't specify what part they have not complied with though, I like to make them work for it and they may miss something else along the way)

- time is ticking and deadlines set in legislation. I want to give you every opportunity to respond before the deadline set in S77(4)(b) which I calculate is 19 May

How does that sound?

how does this sound??

I refer to my letter dated 05/04/07 which was delivered via recorded delivery to your offices on 08/04/07.

In my letter 05/04/07 I made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above numbered xxxxxxx account under section 77(1) and section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act. In addition a statement of my account and terms and conditions should have been sent along with any other document mentioned in the credit agreement.

This request was not met in full and I am missing important information

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, Your company commit an offence. These time limits will expire on 19/04/07 and 19/05/07 respectively.

Any enforcement action that you undertake while not complying with my request is unenforceable and may even be an offence.

you now appear to be in default and as such, any action regarding enforcement of this account must cease. including but not limited to processing of data.

try this one

Dave

intersting problem on the other cca thread.

prescibed terms.........what are they and how should they be presented.

ok I think we all know what they are, but presentation?

specifically the term "repayments".

I have an agreement and it does not mention repayments anywhere.

neither is there a heading repayments.

it does mention installments, payments, but not SPECIFICALLY "repayments"

any thoughts

Dave

Any thoughts on this?

Dave

Sorry adarling, I didn't see your post until after I had posted my reply. I think my first bullet point is wrong as it relates to your other thread (sorry again!) Apart from that you have said pretty much the same as I have. How you word it is up to you, both your and my letters convey the right meaning so I will leave you to decide. You do need to add the bits about enforcement from your draft though

• Haha 1

Hi

If your agreement was made prior to 31/05/05 you must read and apply the requirements as set out in the OFT docs of 2003 for cancellable or non-cancellable agreements.

If the agreement was made after that date then the 2004 agreement regs amendments also apply and can be found in the OFT FAQS doc of April 2005 but these amendments do not apply before 31/05/05.

Everyone should read these documents and check their own agreements carefully against all the different requirements.

There are variations in what is required for different types of agreements entered into in different circumstances and so it is NOT a case of 'one size fits all'!

Please, please don't PM me for help with agreements before you have checked all this yourself. I am getting loads of requests to look at agreements and all I am actually doing is using the OFT docs and the CCA to check them against!!

Of course I am happy to help if anyone is really stuck or confused but I don't know anything but what is there for all to see!

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

so i just write back to them saying that it's an improperly executed agreement and til such a time that it becomes a properly executed agreement then all collection activity should stop, am i right at this point?

Hi

Firstly an improperly executed agreement can NEVER become a properly executed one - it can't be changed after it has been made and signed!

Secondly, an agreement is only UNenforceable if any of the 'prescribed terms' are missing or incorrect or if the debtor has not signed it. - and in any case only an agreement made before April 2007 can be totally unenforceable because of amendments now made to the CCA.

Any other omission/error would only make the agreement 'improperly executed', NOT UNenforceable and it would be enforceable at the discretion of the court.

Thirdly, the 'no interspersing' rules are from the 2004 amendments and are therefore not applicable to agreements prior to May 2005.

It is very important that people check that they are using the correct version of the regs, read all of the applicable OFT docs, re-read them and re-read them and then check their own particular agreements against the various requirements for the type of agreement they have.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

adarling2006, no it is in fact an unenforceable agreement. Improperly executed means it's not signed properly or copies have not been sent on correctly.

Oh hey, my last post (No 6267) should refer to page 8 - didn't know I could do piccies like that!

Hi

Sorry Jones, but that is not correct. The only circumstances in which an agreement would be UNenforceable is if it did not contain all of the 'prescribed terms' or was not signed by the debtor, or if a cancellation notice was not sent to the debtor after a cancellable agreement was made.

If there is any other omission or error the agreement is 'improperly executed' and enforceable at the court's discretion.

Regards, Pam

A creditor to comply with sec 77/78 must supply not only the true copy of the agreement but any other document referred to in it.

This is interesting has in my case the creditor is pleading compliance when in fact to comply a copy of the PPI document referred to in the agreement must also be sent.

I think people should be aware when making CCA requests the creditors obligation extends beyond not only supplying the original agreement but any other document referred in it.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Need some help from anyone of a legal bent on here please.

I'm in small claims court this friday against Legal & Trade ove a CCA non-compliance.

They have admitted they have not got the CCA agreement and have offered to waive the debt. I'm sueing them for all payments made against this alledged debt.

They have just send me a schedule of costs totalling 11K.

Can they claim costs in the small claims court and can they claim this much??

Halifax - £2500

Legal & Trade - Webt to courtfor Breach CCA, Complained to OFT they ruled in my favour, So did court, 2k written off.

NatWest - Contactual Interest - Won:p

Cankster

Personally speaking.....I think if youve got them to waive the debt that is a win.

Going after them for any money you have given them I think is a bit of a no brainer. It depends on everyone's circumstances and how the company have treated you, and how good you feel your chances are!

but you've had the money...spent it...enjoyed it, and dont have to pay it back. thats a win. I dont presume to know what a judge will say, but can imagine he may not look too favourably on it.

if you do go to court and lose...............?

My opinion is its a step too far. you've won ...let it go

Dave

Need some help from anyone of a legal bent on here please.

I'm in small claims court this friday against Legal & Trade ove a CCA non-compliance.

They have admitted they have not got the CCA agreement and have offered to waive the debt. I'm sueing them for all payments made against this alledged debt.

Can they claim costs in the small claims court and can they claim this much??

This is hard to call and it's at the sole discretion of the judge. The court may award costs if one of the partys behaviour has been unreasonable, the defence may argue that to pursue a case which is both speculative and unsupportable amounts to unreasonable behaviour, on the other hand pursuing a week case does not automatically atract an order for costs.

I've no legal training but in my view you would have to plead the debt as never existed and if the creditor can prove otherwise then i'm afraid your claim will come unstuck.

The 11k seems a bit extravagant.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi

"Thirdly, the 'no interspersing' rules are from the 2004 amendments and are therefore not applicable to agreements prior to May 2005."

If there is any other omission or error the agreement is 'improperly executed' and enforceable at the court's discretion.

Regards, Pam

Hi Pam

This thread goes so quickly it is hard to keep up so i may have missunderstood but the no intersapacing rule also applies as far as i know on the 1983/1553 regs althugh it doesn't include the sig box i nbelieve

(4) Subject to paragraph (5) below, the information about financial and

related particulars set out in paragraphs 3 to 19 of Schedule I to these

Regulations, and also the statements of the protection and remedies available

to debtors under the Act specified in Forms 5 to 10of Part I of Schedule 2, shall

be shown together as a whole in documents embodying regulated consumer

credit agreements and not interspersed with other information apart from

subtotals of total amounts and cross-references to terms of the agreement:

Best regards

peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks