• Tweets

• Just a typo change that I'd make for the last line. Maybe also add something that says "I assume you will be fully aware that you cannot rely on a clause of a contract that you do not produce."
    • Hello, Firstly, and most importantly I am sorry for your loss. I would go back to the bank with the death certificate and ask them to step in. Remind them firmly but politely that there is no limit for DD claims   Please let us know how you get on.
    • My wife is the named person to his bank account with him having Dementia being his daughter (I say named person she still is but he recently passed away and the deputyship application has now being stopped by the solicitor as it's no longer needed) We've only just got the Death Certificate so the bank will be the next step informing them. She went to the bank and explained the situation but even being his named person the bank said she didn't have the power to stop DD without any legal documents (virgin money) was the bank. She could have copies of bank statements that was about it.
    • I see you said you tried to stop the DD but it seems that didn't work. May I please ask why that didn't work? You should be asking your bank to cancel the DD and I don't see why they would have objected, hopefully you can clarify this. I agree that you should be making a claim here against your bank and ask them for a DD refund. There is no timeframes for this.
    • JK: Yeah That's correct. We left rent payment coming out of his bank account from January 2023 - August 2023 until we could find somewhere to sort out his belongings which was fine. I tried to give notice a few times from August 2023 asking for advice from Sanctuary housing how we went about this explaining his condition and that he was in a Nursing home from December 2022. I explained we don't have any legal powers to his account like POT but were in the process of going for Deputyship and that I was the named person to act on his behalf to speak with Santuary housing. I said we could provide details of his condition and proof he was now in a nursing home with date he moved in. This went ignored despite repeated attempts to contact them until a housing manager contacted us end of February 2024 and notice was finally accepted with his tenancy coming to an end March 22 2024. Although they have continued to take rental payments for the flat despite someone else living in it from the 1st April. I wasn't aware payments were still being taken till I checked his May banks statements. I had asked them to back date rental payments to August 2023 when I gave notice rather than just giving notice in March 2024 but they've ignored that bit. I don't see why they shouldn't give it back they've taken money they shouldn't have. Thanks DX, I wasn't aware we could do that for that length of time. I'll ask my wife to check with the bank this week
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But doesn't S127 only apply to an improperly executed agreement under S65(1) and S61(1)?

HI

Section 127(1) provides that the court must dismiss an application for an

enforcement order if (but only if) it considers it just to do so, having regard to:

• prejudice caused to any person by the contravention in question, and the

degree of culpability for it; and

• the powers conferred on the court by sections 127(2), 135 and 136.

Section 127(3) precludes the court from making an enforcement order if section

61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with, unless a document

containing all the prescribed terms was signed by the debtor or hirer. Section

127(4) precludes the making of an enforcement order if certain provisions

relating to cancellation were not complied with.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

IF they produce it and it is just an application form with debtor's signature and a few sample T&Cs but not the actual credit limit etc does this mean the banks/DCA is out of the default.

Hi It means it is not a correctly executed agreement and is therefore unenforceable

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

default under 77, 78 & 85 exists after 14 days, after a further month they commit an offence even if the bank produces the documentation they have to go to court to enforce the original agreement

Hi

Again where does it say that a bank needs an has to go to court to be able to enforce the doc when it is produced late.In the 77 it just says the agreement cannot be persued whilst the account is in default once it is presented there is no default.

Peter

Don't mean to sound daft (although it doesn't take much these days) but is this post related to my question? It's just with the section 77 and/or 78 mentioned it seems slightly appropriate.

Nutty / Zubo

If this is a loan, shouldn't the request be under s77 and not s78? Section 77 is for loans and 78 is revolving credit agreements (i.e. credit / store cards?)

Yes it is a loan...and just out of interest is it possible to claim back charges in this situation?

The debtor does not have to be the last to sign -many agreements are signed by the debtor first. This is why s62 was included - so that a debtor is always given a copy of the unexecuted agreement before it is signed by the creditor. This is to ensure the debtor holds a copy of the actual agreement he signed.

Enough already

The p0int is that the agreement is not properly executed unless the debtor has sight of the completer agrement after any alterations are made usually this is because he is the last to sign but if it is not then when he signs it is not considered to be executed untill he gets the agree ment back.

So on a credit card an agreement signed by the debtor remotely is not an executed agreement it would need to be returned to him together with the concideration /cancellation period..

This is not correct. The HL did not overturn the COA judgement. It dealt with the HRA issue and decided this in Wilson's favour

The coa queried a point of law that persuade the house of lords to chance it's mind,any thing else is mere semantics.

Peter

• Haha 1

Guest Battleaxe

Looks like my copy of our agreement, sent under SAR is a photocopy of a faxed copy, sans banks signature. Hmm wonder how MBNA will react with this. have sent CCA request for the agreement under Section 77-78 and still nothing produced.

Nutty / Zubo

If this is a loan, shouldn't the request be under s77 and not s78? Section 77 is for loans and 78 is revolving credit agreements (i.e. credit / store cards?)

Coprrect Fixed sum credit section 77Thats why i always put 77=78 just to make sure i don't get it wrong

Peter

many agreements are signed by the debtor first.?

Yes i have had those a blank piese of paper with a sig box at the bottom with a note attached saying just sign we wil fil the rest in later.

Peter

hi

The agreement is enforceable albeit with a court order with only the debtors signature and the prescribed term. Section 127(3)

So, if the face of the agreement has been sent, no t & c's or statement of account by the dca who bought the debt and sent it 6 months late from expiry of cca request, what do I have to do now? and how does the court order kick in?

[duplicate post]

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

I have been told by a DCA that my agreements are relevant under sec 3 of the cca.....I can't find sec 3......they also say in another paragrah that one of the accounts are exempt under the CCA.....

Any thoughts? they are in criminal default of providing me with my credit agreement for a credit card.....

For a current account they reckon "runnung account creidt is exempt under the CCA" but then say that i am liable under sec 3 of the CCA (something dated 1980 something!)

Waht are they talking about?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

have signed agreements on trade premises in the past where the agreement was not pre-signed by the creditor. It was then sent to the credit provider for approval who signed it after me. This is when those agreements became 'executed' which is similar to the credit card application process.

Nope shouldn't happen and it is not at all simillar to the credit card scenario section 62 says personally presented which the distance marketed application isn't,and ther are differen pre contractual arrangements i don't have time to look them up now. But they all ensure that the debtor has final say as to whether the agreement is executed.Common sence really.

Peter

peter

Peter

I have been told by a DCA that my agreements are relevant under sec 3 of the cca.....I can't find sec 3......they also say in another paragrah that one of the accounts are exempt under the CCA..

Hi Uni Chill

I think they are talking about section 3 of the 1983 SI which says that copy agreements don't have to be signed.

The answer i give to that is how can i verify it as a true copy if there is no signature ?

Most DCA dont know their A****f rom a hole in the ground just stick to yur timetable and threaten them with the OFT if they don't comply.

Peter

So, if the face of the agreement has been sent, no t & c's or statement of account by the dca who bought the debt and sent it 6 months late from expiry of cca request, what do I have to do now? and how does the court order kick in

No I think you are confusing the precontractual section127 with the post contractual request section77-79.

If they have not complied with all the terms of the request as stated in the 77 then the agreement is is unenforceable under section79 not 127

Peter

PDF]

Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 as amended by the ...

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML

also amend the Consumer Credit (Settlement Information) Regulations 1983. ... The OFT has a duty under section 4 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (‘CCA’) ...

www.oft.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/D536ECCA-DBD6-4184-A0F3-5793D32797A4/0/CreditagreementFAQs.pdf - Similar pages

3. Credit limit.

From time to time we will work out your credit limit and tell you what it is.

This is all their is relating to the ammount of credit on the Barclaycard agreement, i need to find out the prescribed terms for running-account credit, as it may differ from fixed ammount credit.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

I have been told by a DCA that my agreements are relevant under sec 3 of the cca.....I can't find sec 3......they also say in another paragrah that one of the accounts are exempt under the CCA..

Hi Uni Chill

I think they are talking about section 3 of the 1983 SI which says that copy agreements don't have to be signed.

The answer i give to that is how can i verify it as a true copy if there is no signature ?

Most DCA dont know their A****f rom a hole in the ground just stick to yur timetable and threaten them with the OFT if they don't comply.

Peter

Ahh, right well I idon't have the letter yet so will double check it....they reckon that the bank's sols have looked at it..

The thing is, they have produced an agreement, but no t and c's so they in criminal defualt - I sguess I should just write back now telling them to get a judge to enforce the agreement?

I'm in the process of reporting them to TS - do I need to call OFT as well?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Again where does it say that a bank needs an has to go to court to be able to enforce the doc when it is produced late.In the 77 it just says the agreement cannot be persued whilst the account is in default once it is presented there is no default.

Peter

I'm afraid that it's not that simple for the banks.

If they have gone over the prescribed time limits, they have broken the law. End of. If they produce the documentation after the time limit they have still broken the law, it doesn't go away.

Turn section 77, 78 & 85 on its head it doesn't say that the agreement is enforceable if the bank produces the agreement after the time limit either does it. Only a court can determine whether an agreemnt is in existance once the contract has been breeched.

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

3. Credit limit.

From time to time we will work out your credit limit and tell you what it is.

This is all their is relating to the ammount of credit on the Barclaycard agreement, i need to find out the prescribed terms for running-account credit, as it may differ from fixed ammount credit.

Not good enough the amount of credit must be included as a prescribed term

Mike

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Not good enough the amount of credit must be included as a prescribed term

Mike

My initial thought was that too Mike, but i can't help thinking the prescribed terms may differ for running- account credit.

Paul.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Ahh, right well I idon't have the letter yet so will double check it....they reckon that the bank's sols have looked at it..

The thing is, they have produced an agreement, but no t and c's so they in criminal defualt - I sguess I should just write back now telling them to get a judge to enforce the agreement?

I'm in the process of reporting them to TS - do I need to call OFT as well?

I have copied a number of my complaints regarding the Men In Black to the OFT, they don't actually take on personal cases, but the information that you give them, provided they accept it may be used when they take action against a body. You know that happens when the right back to you with apermission sheet asking whther they can use your case in any actions they rmay take against a body.

I don't mind stating proudly that they are using my case studies in potentail actions against Monument, Loyds TSB and Blair Oliver & Scott. Oh, I don't seem to be able to get my head through the door now:D

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks