Barring a phone number

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For the past few weeks I have been getting phone calls from a company called Moorcroft. Some of these have been as late as 9.00 at night or as early as 7.00 in the morning. I have been told I can barr individual numbers by doing the following: dial 14258 , the number to barr , then press the hash key. I have tried this and nothing happens. Am I missing something here or is there another way of doing it ?

Thank you

Light travels faster than sound...............that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

It all depends on who your provider is. Your best bet would be to call your provider.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Providers generally don't barr individual numbers unless there is a harrassment case through the police.

Some phones can bar numbers, you would need to read the user manual in order to find out how (usually via the call log menu).

Moorcroft are a Debt Collection Agency so are chasing up a debt, there is a link on how to deal with them under the Debt subforum but you can tell them that you will only deal with them in writing and there is also a letter you can send them telling them to stop phoning you!

Still on the lookout for buried treasure!

Any advice I give here is based on my own experiences throughout my life, career and training and should not be taken as accurate. If in doubt, speak to someone more qualified - a Solicitor, Citizens Advice to name but two possible avenues!

BT have a service (choose to refuse) that will bar numbers, but it costs £3.75 per month. You could buy a truecall unit that does the same, and you can buy an add-on that records phone conversations.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thank you for your replies. I have now found the correct code to barr numbers. In case anyone else is interested , it is " press star , dial 261 then press hash " to barr a call , then to un-block it's " press hash , dial 261 then press hash again " This is for BT so I don't know if it will work with any other provider. Incidently , I have not tried this myself yet , but my son has and he says it works for him !!

Light travels faster than sound...............that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I am with BT and you get a message saying the service isn't available on this line!

I have tried it as well with the same result !! I told my son but he insists he has had it !!. I wonder if it depends on the package.

I have another one but again , I have not tried it but will do after typing this. Set up , star 227 hash , cancel , hash 227 hash , and to check ,, star hash 227 hash. But be carefull because I don't exactly know what this does or does not do.