Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by dreadpiratesteve

  1. Thanks 45002, I did suspect that this was the case. I want to try and keep things civil with the letting agent to avoid an eviction notice until I am in a position to move out. So my options are to either sign up for 6 months and hope that if something comes up I can drag it out, Or ignore further communications from the letting agent (save for any eviction notices) and continue to pay the rent as normal?
  2. Hi all, I have rented my current property for 8 years and have always signed and renewed my tenancy when it ends. However, I am now in a position where I can put a deposit down on buying my own property when something suitable comes up. My tenancy comes to an end at the end of October and the letting agent have asked for my intentions, their option being sign for 6 months or vacate the property (their original email to myself). I queried the possibility of moving onto a periodic tenancy to which their response was this is not possible, only to resign my tenancy for 6 or 12 months or vacate the property. Is this right? As I don't want to be tied into a tenancy if I have to move to a new property quickly or move to a new property to rent on a monthly basis only to move again within a short time. Many thanks
  3. Just to update that this has been resolved and received a letter this morning from PE that the charge has been cancelled!
  4. It's what I thought, I've emailed the admin clerk who deals with the Car Park permits. The land is owned by the college.
  5. Bit of a weird one, I received a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye for parking at my works car park (which is shared with a college and a health centre). To enter/ exit you either need to be swiped in by an attendant or use a keycard (which I have). They are claiming that as the Car Park is a permit only/ authorised parking only and that I have not gained the appropriate permit/ authorisation I am now liable for the parking charge. 1 Date of the infringement 25/09/2018 2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 29/09/2018 3 Date received 04/10/2018 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, entry and exit 6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up No to both 7 Who is the parking company? Parking Eye 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Sussex Coast College - Main, Hastings For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE They mention POPLA in the appeals procedure section If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions... Thanks all
  6. Just to let you know that everything has now been resolved. Shame that I had to resort to contacting the suppliers directly rather than letting Tuffnells sort it out themselves. Thanks for your help all!
  7. I emailed the sender of the package, after much Googling. They have now managed to arrange a collection, after three phone calls from the courier to confirm the best day and the address that the collection can be made. So hopefully my hallway will be clear by the end of today. Thanks for your help all.
  8. Good morning, hope I can receive some advice on my next steps. On Friday 28th September I received two large packages (as expected) I signed for them and as I was taking them back up to the my flat I suspected something wasn't right. When I checked the labels noticed that one package was meant for someone else. I immediately checked online for a contact number (which turned out to be for the local depot). I rang them to explain and gave the details. I was assured that they would contact the driver and ask him to return to collect. About 4 hours later I had heard nothing so I called again and I was told that the driver was aware and would be with me once his deliveries for the day were done. No one arrived. I left it for the weekend as I was busy and called first thing Monday morning and was told that they would contact the driver and asked if I would be in all day. As I was off work and had no plans I was. Again no driver arrived. I sent an email off and also contacted them via Twitter. Tuesday (yesterday) I again contacted them and was told the same as Monday. I decided to try the "Contact Us" number only to be put through to another depot and be transferred to my local depot who advised me the driver on my route had finished for the day and that they would ask him to make the collection today by leaving a note in his pigeon hole. I'm not holding out much hope on someone turning up today and need some advice as to take this up a notch. For information the supplier of the goods are also chasing the courier as to the whereabouts of my missing package and are going to be sending a replacement out today if they have no luck. The wrong package is currently in my hall and is fairly large and bulky so I can't put it in my car and take it to the correct address or back to the depot!
  9. They've agreed that I've been mis-sold, just a difference in figures from my calculations to theirs.
  10. Finally had contact from the FOS. Frustratingly they've agreed that HSBC's calculations are correct. So now just waiting for the updated offer.
  11. Refund of ticket (at least for that part of the journey if it was a return ticket). Compensation may be possible depending on the circumstances. Here is the web link for Grand Central http://www.grandcentralrail.com/customer-service/getting-a-refund
  12. If it was the Grand Central train that was cancelled, then you would be better off gonig direct to Grand Central as East Coast would only refer the matter to Grand Central in any case.
  13. Also, you normally don't get paid sick leave (at least statutory sick pay, company sick pay may differ) for the first 3 days of being sick. Some companies may pay those days as holiday if you ask but they don't have to.
  14. As Locutus said, a PAC cannot be refused. It should be generated within 2 hours of the request. I wonder if there was a confusion at the Talk Talk side between a PAC and PUK (2 different things).
  15. It sounds like a cross over - the summons was issued before the payment was accepted. Speak to FCC and explain you've paid to settle out of court but now have a summons. They should be able to rescind the summons.
  16. So this is more a letter of complaint rather than trying to mitigate a penalty fare for a ticketing irregularity. The chances are the RPI was taking the necessary details as he may believe that this photocard/ season ticket may be subject to being transferred (which you'll know is against the t&c's). The damaged photocard could be interpreted as switching photo's over between users.
  17. I would point out that the bars that represent "Mobile Signal strength" means nothing. There isn't an industry standard in that regard. I think the problem you're experiencing is that of over-subscription to a particular cell mast. Similar to that when an entire family have connected their Wi-Fi devices to their internet router. Yes, Vodafone could upgrade those cells that suffer from over-subscription to handle the numbers. But then Vodafone and other mobile phone companies are stuck between a rock and hard place - pleasing their customers and pleasing their shareholders!
  18. After asking HSBC for a full detailed breakdown of how they came to their calculations, they've kindly sent me a long rambling letter about how they use the data and that their calculators are verified by the FCA. All they've sent me is a list of PPI payments I've made with no information on the rate of interest etc. Any idea's on how to get this information?
  19. I don't think you would be able to gain access to the CCTV footage - These are usually kept for about 40 days before being deleted. Also, whilst you intended to buy a ticket on board the train, it is still boils down to failing to purchase a ticket prior to boarding a train. I think your best bet now is to write to the prosection department accepting that you were in the wrong and that you would be happy to pay the fare due plus any reasonable administration costs to avoid the court appearance/ criminal record. Nitpicking at the inspectors report is only going to make them more determined to bring before court and if you are going to fight this and stick with your "not guilty" plea then I would suggest seeking a solicitor's advice.
  20. There is probably a clause in the National Rail conditions that state that the TOC is not liable for any consequential loss due to disrupted service. There are similar terms in a lot of service contracts (mobile, electric etc) where you would only get a refund on the lack of service you had paid for. As mentioned anything above the cost is a goodwill gesture.
  21. Thanks DX, the other part of their letter amused me too. Apparently under the 2007 Money Laundering Regulations they want me to go to my local branch with ID before they will release payment! The mind boggles!
  22. An update, although it seems HSBC can't keep figures straight. Their new offer seems to be £40 more than previous and nowhere near the £1905 that I've calculated. Again, their new offer doesn't have a rate of interest just a seemingly random number. I'm guessing it's a matter of negotiating now, should I go through HSBC direct or deal with FOS? Any thoughts?
  23. I would be inclined to write (keep a copy and send recorded making sure to keep the receipts and copy of the proof of delivery) to the boss to confirm in writing the reasons for dismissal and to clarify the remuneration, or at least confirm what was said in the phone call about it.
  24. What alternatives did FGW/ SWT have in pace at the station to enable you to continue your journey? In the case of engineering works a bus replacement would be operating or local agreements with other public transport providers to allow you to travel. As firstclass has said, you would only be able to get a refund on your ticket only and not compensate you because you decided to use another method of transport. At which point of the journey was the train "canceled"?
  25. Its quite a serious accusation, I would be inclined to write direct to SWT's MD (the name and address should be on their website, or at least National Rail) rather than their customer services who may just fob you off with a standard reply and not actually resolve the issue. Also, if you wish to report the matter to the police, then British Transport Police would be the people to talk to.
  • Create New...