style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi quick question once a liability order is in place do the bailiffs have a right into your home? Or is this the usual threatening behaviour?

Had a liability order and have missed 2 payments so they send the heavies round! My circumstance have changed slightly and struggling to pay the amount set!

Thanks for the help

Have you let the bailiff in, and has he a levy?

If not you should hide motors and keep him out, even if he has a levy, he cannot just force his way in. Others will know more

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Then they cannot force entry, They do not have right of entry unless you invite them in.

Contact your council (benefits and revenues dept) and ask to speak to manager. explain you cannot afford the repayments set. There is nothing stopping you from paying it straight to the council, but let them know how much you are paying and on what dates.

Hello Julius firstly i'm not legally trained etc , what happen's with the councils is basically when people miss a payment of council tax the summon's is automatically sent to the house occupier etc .

If you can any visit's to the property do film them and do tell them you are recording them for evidence .

Birmingham City Council sends on average of 3ooo of these per week and they source this to a company called capita .

Capita also run's the call centre too and also own's equita .

Also the summon's will state some nice word's that a complaint has been made and it's signed by the legal person from the court etc .

When people appear at the court it's more a room with a few desk's with council worker's filing in statement's of mean's asking a few question's etc .

people do have a choice to speak with the magistrate how ever thier is not much of a defence in the court room with the magistrate only that if the authority has made error's this may be a good argument how ever be warned the magistrate and the prosecution in the room will usually not buy it .

On the liability side usually it has been known the liability order can not even be in the correct procedure and just passed to the equita for the collection .

Also with the equita company i'm currently dealing with these myself and i know for a fact that the local authority has made a very serious error as i counter claimed the authority at the court on the last hearing and for some reason the authority and equita and the court will not provide the signed liability order signed by the judge that they state they have signed why because even if it does exist which i can honestly say that it does not then if it does they have lied and comitted fraud in my absence and totally broke the law .

I do not mind in paying for something if i owed it but for circumstances beyond my control i don't believe i do owe it and i also think i'm entitled to relief or part of it and they should be more reasonable as they know the situation yet they still do this to people (( collection etc )) .

The local authority has not sent a bill or invoice before the summons in the correct procedure and totally ignored all that part and they did'nt even mention they are sending the bailiff in a letter .

Instead just the other day 26th october i had a visit from one of them no id shown and i did film him i asked him to leave he refused so i did use the words reasonable and asked him a few more times to leave so he did .

He also said he was going to call the police he never did he also mentioned he's going to report me for my attitude to the council and then once he's on the path he then state's for the camera he's going to send this for a committal for prison so after this i walk behind him to capture his reg nunber he then shout's loud about paying for council tax .

I've since filed a complaint to equita again and if no joy i'll go down the form 4 complaint route with the above on it and a affidavit and a statutory declaration attached and file that .

Then i'll go down the injunction route if need be ( not that i want to but this is really last resort ) .