Won Tribunal (ESA) now 6 weeks on...

norby500
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again.

As I read this, it says that ESA counts as part of your taxable income. If you earned more than £6475 up to April this year [£7475 to April 2012 according to HMRC's website], then you are liable to income tax. If your income was under that, no tax will be due, as I understand it.

I hope more people will comment.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello agai. I found this on the directgov website, in case it helps.

ncome Tax

Income-related Employment and Support Allowance is not taxable.

It's important to note that contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance is taxable, so you may have to pay tax. How much tax, if any, you have to pay depends on whether you receive any other income, for example, an occupational pension.

Depending on your circumstances, you may get a new tax code.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

i think i will be writing to my MP again! i have being put in the work related group! how can i be sent to work related interviews if i need someone i know to go everywhere with me? i'm still seeking treatment and taking my medical

You can only appeal if you meet one of the criteria of the support group.

I don't know what they are, sorry.

hello, sorry for no responce! yes i received my money and i have also received a work related interview letter already! i don't mind though, i am definately going but they need to realise i have literally just only won my appeal, and they think out the blue within a space of a few weeks i am ready for work? i'll do what they ask, but they need to realise people can't magically get better!