Contribution based jsa runs out tomorrow, rang to claim income based today not sure if done right thing.

chrisd8780
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got letter through post saying my contributions running out I had received 168 days including payment to 30 September 2011.

So I calculate this runs out tomorrow, knowing how long it takes to process claims I rang up today to claim income based from Monday 17th October. The man on the phone was quite rude saying I should've waited till Monday and I should've been on income based anyway.

Bit concerned now that they will cancel my claim for contribution jsa today and start the claim for income from Monday (which I have an appointment for) if they do can I move my claim for the income based jsa back to today? I just wanted the contribution to run out then go onto the income one.

My signing on day is tomorrow not even sure whether I am meant to attend now.

Continue to attend appointments and signings as normal, your application for Income Based JSA will be made on form JSA3 and will look at the family income (by that I mean your partner) you complete form JSA3 and the benefit processing centre will calculate any entitlement you may have, you can request this to run from the day following the JSA contribution based JSA exhausting. When you attend to sign they will have to access your payment record so you can ask them what date it exhausts and then simply enter the correct date on the form.

You receive the highest award of any payment, although ifyou are entitled to an equal amount of Contribution based and Income Based JSA you receive the contribution figure first until that runs out.

I hope that makes sense.

. The man on the phone was quite rude saying I should've waited till Monday and I should've been on income based anyway.

My signing on day is tomorrow not even sure whether I am meant to attend now.

That's just the way it works! When I was claiming I got same letter & a form to claim income based a few weeks in advance. I completed it & sent back quickly. Next time I went to sign on it had been returned to JC as was 'received too early' & 'my circumstances could change' (in 3 days!!!) had to redo form as had been stamped & had to wait till expiry day to sand it but was processed promptly w/o break in entitlement so carry on signing on as usual & re apply for income based JSA the day after it runs out!

182 days from when your claim started they write you after 168 days. You should still get council tax as this is worked out on your income. Depending on savings etc. Prescriptions stupidly you don't get on. Contribution.

Hi, Is it possible to work out when your contributions run out?

I am worse off on contribution based as I now have to pay for prescriptions and council tax.

Hi, Is it possible to work out when your contributions run out?

I am worse off on contribution based as I now have to pay for prescriptions and council tax.

You CAN claim C Tax benefit if you are getting CB JSA I DID 2 ys ago as the JSA rate you get is the same. I had 6 mths on CB JSA only due to silliness on my part as was told I could claim both from the start (you only get 1 payment of course but get the other freebies too!) I said I just wanted to claim CB to speed things up I still got full HB & CTB so speak to your Council unless you have over £16k savings or a working partner @ home.

Hi, I do get some rebate but when I was on income based I didnt have to pay at all.

its just that I am getting no more money on contribution based but am having now to pay out more.

I was originally claiming both but they just changed it to just C.B.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I'll say no more.