style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have had a few suspicious telephone calls to my parents house asking for me by my first name only, making out that they were friends. Thankfully my parents are savvy enough to not pass on any information, other than to say they will pass on a message, and that I did not in fact live there, and had not done so for several years.

I called the number to find out who was calling only to fiind it was this dreaded company.

I informed them there and then that I had no link with that number and had not lived at that address, it was then they dropped a clanger. The chap on the phone said the surname of the person they wanted, which was not mine.

I told them to stop bothering me, and my parents. Naturally they were not at liberty to actually tell me what their problem was.

I thought that was the end of it.....

Today at my home address, I recieved a snotty letter, riddled with spelling mistakes, a letter, addressed to the person they said they wanted to speak to on my parents telephone number. They claimed when I rang to speak to them that they had been given 'intelligence' which was my home address.

I pointed out that no one of that name lived at this address, and no one of that name has lived at this address for at least 13 years of our occupancy and the 10 years of the previous inhabitant, who's name was nothing like the name they are trying to find.

The girl on the phone was surly as you would expect, she refused to listen to what I had to say.

I am retiscent to give them my name for fear they try to cobble some debt against me personally.

The letter they sent refers to a debt of £304.70 to Kings Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council.

I have no contacts or links with this area apart from a weeks holiday near Hunstanton 6 years ago.

The letter makes no attempt to ensure that it has reached the correct person, it implies that they are going to call at my address to obtain payment.

I am in the process of making a formal complaint to the CSA. I intend to speak to the Council involved tomorrow.

Can anyone suggest anything else I should do.

This debt has nothing to do with me, I am concerned that they are trying to put a slander againd my name, I am also worried now that this will impact on my credit rating as these pond dwellers, have my address.

Thanks

Nig

Edited by nig'n'em

If you are saying this is from Roseendales Collect then this is just their Debt Collection department. You also say it is for Kings Lynn & East Anglia Borough Council - there is no such Council, a Google search reveals the name as Borough Council of Kings Lynn & West Norfolk. Do is it state what sort of debt it is for - Council Tax, Housing Benefit etc? By all means chase the Council and if asked why you opened it just tell them it was done by mistake.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I spent ten minutes on the phone to Kings Lynn BC then sent a letter to them informing them of the situation, within the hour, Rossendales had been leashed and told to hold any further action. Within another hour. Rossendales where told to roll over and admit defeat.

I have sent a copy of the letter they sent to me to Kings Lynn BC, and advised them to be very wary of using this cowboy company as they go in with both feet stamping around, before they even know if they are speaking to the right person.

I feel very smug!

Great result, sadly this type of thing is all too common these days.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!