Minster Baywatch Northampton Claim Form for unpaid parking ticket ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a parking ticket from Minster. I did park at an entrance to some private land to visit a dentist with my daughter. I looked up Minister and came across several threads and sites stating previous issues with them and advising not pay etc and ignore the letters as the fines are not enforceable.

I have now received the claim form from Northampton CC claiming a total amount of £370.

I understand several cases have recently been thrown out by the judge for similar and am looking for guidance on how to defend:

1. Can I fill in the defence form online via Money claim online

2. Is there a particular wording I can use in the provided defence boxes ?

3. Do you have to be present at Court ?

The particulars of the claim state:

Payment of a Parking Charge Notice with Administration Costs associated with its recovery. The defendants vehicle,.... was parked in contravention of the rules of the private car parking facility ......

... Parking notice etc.

Any urgent feedback guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Thread moved to parking forum

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Wait for further advice but for the moment all you will need to do is return the acknowledgement with "I intend to defend all of this claim", You will get advice with a defence. Minster Baywatch took someone to court this week . They lost as they did not turn up. Which is usually the case when a defence is submitted.

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just a quick email to say thanks for the quick advice and direction to Alexis.

As expected the claim was transferred to my local court and was thrown out after Minster failed to provide particulars of claim. Alexis was a fantastic help and provided an excellant defence for me. Just goes to show what a bunch of cowboys Minster are ! I will spread the word.

Happy New Year !

...or maybe they were worried abot how they were going to explain to the judge the difference between their charge and a penalty. Their POC practically confirms that it is in fact just that... a penalty for not 'complying to their rules'.

Evidently this is the third time this has happened to this particular PPC in the last year. I see a trend developing here - send out scary court papers, but if the defendant stands up to us we back down.