Help, not sure of claim date!

zsellors
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if this has been asked a million times before but I can't seem to find the answer. I submitted my claim (£1989) to MCOL on 4/9/06 and it was issued on 5/9/06. When do I count the 14 days from? Is it deemed to be served 2 days after issue, 5 days after issue or immediatly?? Any advice would be great.

Oh and I count the 28 days as soon as they acknowledge don't I?

Barclays seem to be taking their time to acknowledge mine!

Its 14 days from the date it was served for barclays to acknowledge. If they were to acknowledge this gives them an extra 14 days therefore giving them 28 days from the date it was served to submit a defence, not 28 days from the date they acknowledge.

It should say on your Notice of Issue the date the claim was deemed to be served.

Good luck

Thanks for that. I'm glad I only have to count from the 5th. That means their time is up on Monday!! Fingers crosseed they don't even acknowlegde me, although knowing the way they work that's highly unlikely. I just can't wait for it all to be over and to have my money back!!