HFO Services LTD - statute barred

beckyr1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been sending all correspondence I receive and send to the OFT but have heard nothing from them as yet. I will also contact OFT once again about this..

I think the OFT are a bit busy at the moment :-) But keep updating your complaint.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well I sent the letter saying about the data protection, they must know me etc together with my postal order and have heard nothing back since.... Not sure what to do whether to wait out the 40 days of the SRA letter and write nothing or to write to them reminding them they have only 40 days from the original letter. I am guessing the response will be they have received nothing from me but I have sent all the letters recorded and have proof of delivery!!!

So I am just waiting for the 40 days to end then I guess I will write another letter!!!!

If they fail to comply you can send them a Letter Before Action:

Dear Curs

I refer to the Subject Access Request I made to you recently in accordance with s.7 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

You have failed to comply within the statutory time limit or at all. You have also failed to respond to my letter dated xxxx regarding the issue of identity. For the avoidance of any doubt, my position is that you must have been certain of my identity prior to demanding money from me, since if you were unsure that you were writing to the right person you would be in breach of your responsibilities under the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection, compliance with which is a condition of your Consumer Credit Licence. Whilst I note that the OFT is 'minded to revoke' your licence, this does not excuse non-compliance.

Unless you comply fully and properly within 14 days of the date of this letter, I will bring an action against you in the County Court to seek an order for you to comply, together with damages at the Court's discretion.

Yours etc.