style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

just wondered if anyone could halp and advise me? came our of work in early july and not paid c tax now have had letters from c tax baliffs through post and then one hand posted 2day saying i have to contact them immmediatley and pay nearly £500 in cash in full otherwise they will gain entry into my property even in my absense! Hubby has no idea wot sort of state we are in! Can they still do this? At my wits end:sad:

help plz

jb

They can not come into your property unless you have already let them in once. If they have not been in then DO NOT let them in.

Can I suggest that you talk to your husband about this. I know it is probably going to be hard and may cause some arguments, but probably not as many as it will if the first he knows is if the bailiffs are knocking on your door. Another reason to tell him is because of your car if you have one. The bailiff can levy on your car and anything in your garden.

Have you discussed this with the council?

Are you entitled to any CTB if you are not working.

2 months seems a pretty short time for the council to release the dogs, did you already have outstanding council tax issues?

Can you let us know a bit more about this please.

Which bailiffs are your council using?

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

hi hungry

i cant tell him he will kill me! had a form to apply for ctb but its as clear as mud.....ran into trouble in may with having time off work b4 a lost my job an my dad having major heart surgery....not had a penny form government since! What to do???

regards jb

Have you contacted the council?

Get an appointment with them ASAP an try to get them to take the debt back from the Bailiff. They will say they can't, but in certain circumstance they can.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=02_bailiffs_and_council_tax

Have a read of this, look at point 7, it gives advice on how to stop the bailiffs.

Is the whole bill £500? and which firm of Bailiffs is it?

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

hi huggy

i think its £500 an a bit more and its equita and the council wont talk to me cos its been put it baliffs hands ......not sure of the entire arrears just know its more than £500 heads gone at the min.......too much pressure...just dont wanna wake up x

Don't talk like that, it can be resolved, I just can't see how you can do it without your OH finding out unless you can either convince your council to call off the hounds or pay it all and get it over with.

The council are obliged to take it back if you are classed as vulnerable - they just pretend they can't in the hope you go away.

At a push (and ONLY if you are strong enough to handle it) you can talk to the bailiff and try to negotiate a payment plan you can afford. If you decide to do this, which nobody on here would recommend (but other than telling your hubby I can't see any other way around it), DO NOT tell the bailiff your hubby is not aware of this because they will use that fact to put more pressure on you.

Do you or your hubby have a car? If you do, you need it parked away from your home (how do you tell hubby he can't park his car at home?) because of the bailiffs see a car which they suspect to belong to either you or your hubby they can and probably will seize it.

You need to ask the council:

When did they obtain the liability order against you?

How many liability orders they have for you?

How much are they for (important if the amount of legitimate bailiff charges are to be calculated)?

What years do they apply to:?

What date(s) were they passed to the bailiffs for action?

If you face this head on, with the help of Caggers you can sort this

They cannot force entry and there is NO LAW that says YOU MUST deal with a bailiff, if you deny him entry and he cannot gain a levy there is little he can do. If you have a car park it in a garage or a good few streets away, keep windows and doors locked and DO NOT LET HIM IN. He will bluff and bluster but he cannot force entry with police or locksmiths. If you can film him on a phone even when he visits you don't need his permission to do so, and only phone bailiffs if you can record the call, as they have memory loss when asked to recall what they waid on the phone.

What council and bailiff firm is this?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

A lot of Councils have now farmed their back office procedures out to private companies. One of the biggest around is a company called Capita - so in actual fact although you think you are talking to the Council you are not, Capita don't care about your circumstances and may actually help speed up your demise as they also own a Bailiff company called Equita.

As has been said above it is going to be very important you involve your OH ASAP as you will both need to work together. If the Bailiff by some means of the imagination gains entry to your home or otherwise seizes goods outside then you are talking a completely different ball game.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One point that you need to take into consideration is this:

The bailff in his letter is NOT saying that he will come into your home even in your asbence.

The letters are VERY cleverly written. What he is saying is that goods can be removed even in your absence. there is a great difference.

This means, that if you have (for instance) an expensive item OUTSIDE of your property or in your council these can be removed IN YOUR ABSENCE. It is the case that some properties have such items as a sit on mower, expensive teak garden furniture, caravan etc OUTSIDE of the property.

If you have a car outisde, then this will almost certainly be levied upon.

Please make sure that you contact the council to obtain the precise amount of the Liability Order.

Hi all

thanks for all ur help an support the baliff co is equita....north lincs council borrowed £300 to try an repay some of the debt but now i am being told by them that i am liable for the whole of my council tax which is £1200......which if i had managed to keep up with installments i would have had till april next year........really dont believe this country at all !!!! been out of work since 8th july paid tax an ni all my lifev and not had a penny yet :sad:

xxx

jb

currently going thru something similar with pembrokeshire county council who are refusing to take back the amount from the bailiffs even thou i am classed as vulnerable thru being disabled and i was paying them the set amount they asked for every 4 weeks now i have been told i HAVE to let the bailiff in and discuss options with him end of!!

Cabot Financial they came they didn't stay and they left rather quickly

Lloyds Tsb - bye bye

Lowell Financial - bye bye

:whoo::whoo::lol::lol:

currently going thru something similar with pembrokeshire county council who are refusing to take back the amount from the bailiffs even thou i am classed as vulnerable thru being disabled and i was paying them the set amount they asked for every 4 weeks now i have been told i HAVE to let the bailiff in and discuss options with him end of!!

There is no law that says you must deal with a bailiff, and you must not despite what the council says let them in, It may be better if you haven't already start a new thread to deal with your issue also

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Click on this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=168 to start a new thread where you will receive a better targetted response.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]