TalkTalk - Free broadband for ALL?

Lenzar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I'm sure most of you know, and quite a few of you use, TalkTalk began offering free broadband for all several years ago now.

When my then fiancée and I were living in a town, we were able to get free broadband, which at one point was as fast as 11 or 12 mbps.

On informing TT we were going to move to a village (also over the other side of the country), we were told that our Broadband, which would be six times slower, would now cost £15/month on top of the line rental etc. Refusing to accept this, we cancelled, still having to pay the cancellation fee (which I dispute as the contract had changed). The official excuse from TT is that the exchange where we now live is too small for their equipment.

How can this be fair? Rural customers are being ripped off and given a technical reason. It should not matter if the equipment can't fit - there's surely enough profit to subsidise the rural areas.

How can this be fair? Rural customers are being ripped off and given a technical reason. It should not matter if the equipment can't fit - there's surely enough profit to subsidise the rural areas.

i totally agree my friend. i live rural, but still pay top doller. my speed isnt too bad, i can watch live streams, but there should imo be a type of elevator system.....

say 1 -6 £5.99

6.1 - 10 £9.99

and so on..... i dont understand why Ofcom and OFT think as well its okay i pay the same price as someone to get say 20meg when all i get is 1.5...... how the fook is that fair??????

Go to http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker and see what services are available in your exchange.

here is TalkTalk's complaints code

How do I make a complaint?

The below information will help you:

•Direct your complaint to us

•Understand how we handle your complaint at different level

At TalkTalk, we take every complaint very seriously and can assure you we'll try to rectify anything you're unhappy with as quickly and effectively as we can. Your complaints give us a chance to put things right and help us improve our service to other customers in the future.

How do I make a complaint?

Our customer service advisors are trained to resolve customer complaints as soon as they become aware of them and should be the first people you contact. If there's anything you're unhappy with, you can contact our team in the following ways and we will attempt to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.

Phone

For complaints about your landline and broadband service call 0870 444 1820 (free from any TalkTalk landline) and for those regarding TalkTalk Mobile, call 0870 087 8751 (free from any TalkTalk mobile). Call charges from other providers will vary and calls from mobiles will cost substantially more.

Lines are open during the following hours:

Monday to Friday 8am-8pm

Saturday 9am-6pm

Sunday and bank holidays 10am-5pm

Phone is the best way of making a complaint as we can log it immediately and it is the quickest way to get through to us.

Email

Email complaints should be sent through our website form at www.talktalk.co.uk/contactus

We aim to reply to every complaint we receive via the email form within 7 working days.

Please write to:

Customer relations department

TalkTalk Group

P.O. Box 360, Southampton, SO30 2LY

We aim to reply to every complaint we receive by post to this address within 7 working days from receipt of the complaint.

What information do I need to include?

Please include the following information to help us investigate your complaint fully:

•The date the problem occurred

•The names of any representatives or team managers you may have dealt with

•The nature and reason for your complaint

•Your full name and full address including postcode

•Your account number, telephone number and email address

How can I take the matter further?

If you don't feel your complaint has been resolved after speaking to one of our customer service advisors, please ask to speak to a team manager. The team manager will deal with your complaint and will then aim to contact you within 2 working days.

If you are still not satisfied after speaking to a team manager, you may ask the team manager to escalate your complaint to our CEO's office. Please give a team manager the opportunity to resolve your complaint first before contracting the CEO's office. You can also send your complaint directly by post to the address below. The CEO's office aim to respond to every complaint we receive within 5 working days from receipt of the complaint. You will be assigned a dedicated person who will own your complaint and keep you fully updated.

Head of Complaints- CEO's Office

TalkTalk Group

P.O. Box 344, Unit 19, Southampton, SO30 2NP

If you are still not satisfied after speaking with the CEO's office, you can ask the telecommunications ombudsman, Ombudsman Service: Communication to independently review your complaint. Ombudsman Service: Communication will not look at cases that are less than 8 weeks old unless you have received a deadlock letter from the CEO's office which means that there is nothing further we can do to resolve your complaint. To find out more about Ombudsman Service: Communication:

Web: www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html

Phone: 0845 050 1614

Textphone: 0845 051 1513

Email: [email protected]

You can also get free advice on your consumer rights from the citizen's advice bureau (CAB), consumer advice centre, local authority trading standards or consumer protection department. You'll find their numbers in the local telephone directory.

Service for customers who are vulnerable or who may need specific help

We're fully committed to helping all of our customers contact us easily.

If your circumstances mean you are unable to raise a complaint to us yourself you can nominate someone to contact us on your behalf. When they contact us, we will get in touch with you to verify that you are happy with this.

For customers who are deaf or speech-impaired, you can contact us using the Text Relay service by dialling 18001 before calling 0870 444 1820. If you require a copy of our code of practice in an alternative format we can also supply it in braille, large print and on audio CD. To request a copy in one of these formats, please call 0870 444 1820.

Follow that and let us know how they respond.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Knowing talk talk they wont respond.....

Then the complaint goes to an independant adjudicator and it costs TalkTalk money to have the complaint looked at.

BTW at the exchange it takes more power to provide 1 meg broadband to people 3 miles away as to provide 6-7 meg a few 100 meters away from the exchange, so in business terms it should be the other way around, people further from the exchange should pay more.

I get 800k broadband as I live 4 miles away from the exchange, and if I need any tweeks TalkTalk are actually really good.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar