Displaying goods on public street

andy912
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have a retail business and display goods on a very large pavement as all other shops do. i have had the council round saying they have had a complaint from one person

think this person has got it in for me :sad: could this be victimization? was thinking of taking photo's of all other shops in the local area with goods on the pavement and getting a petition up asking people in my area to sign it if they think these goods on the pavement are not an obstruction if it goes to court. Can you help ????

i had a similar thing years ago ,they said it was a obstruction to blind and people with prams,i simply pointed out their signs and bins which were on the path,in my case they turned a blind eye in the end

i owned a second hand shop and had to display some goods outside,i had no problems after ,but that was about 6 years ago,it could also depend on how wide the path is ,in my case it was quite wide about 4 meters and i still left 3 meters